Multiple Questions

10-01-2015 05:35 AM
KevinMilton
New Contributor III

1. In the web application, the pop up box covers half of the polygon when you select a feature. Is there a way to move that pop up box further from the selected feature?

2. Is there a better selection widget available. I need to be able to select multiple features?

3. Is there a better draw widget. It is currently cumbersome for the average user to work with, and any mistake requires the user to completely start over.

Feedback on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kevin Milton, GISP

Chief Oil and Gas

Sr. GIS Analyst

(214)884-3322

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kevin,

1. There is no configuration for this in WAB. The popup's anchor point is based on the center of the polygon.

2. By "selection widget" I assume you mean just the standard ability to click on a feature that has popups configured and it show the popup that is configured in the WebMap. If this is the case then no the Map can only have one popup shown at a time. You can use the Query widget or Enhanced Search widget to do attribute or graphical searches on more than one feature though.

3. No, not that I am aware of. The draw capability of web apis is rudimentary and what you are seeing is whats available.

KevinMilton
New Contributor III

Robert,

Thank you for the response. This is the consensus I have come to regarding my 3 questions. What I do not understand is why in Desktop the HTML popup has the ability to move around, but that capability cannot be transferred to the web application pop up. As far as selections, I know about the query and search widget. What I am looking for is a widget that will allow you to select what features you want to select (drop down), and then select multiple features with a shape. Very similar to the identify tool in desktop. And for the draw tool, I am just trying to see if there is something a little more simplified. That one is not nearly as important as the other 2. Thank you for your responses. I appreciate it.

Kevin Milton

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kevin,

I have an identify widget built for WAB that is very similar to ArcMap that can be found here:  Identify Widget Version 1.2.0.2 - 9/11/2015

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kevin,

In case you haven't seen it yet,you can link to most of the custom widgets available from the community and esri Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List​    You will notice a direct link at the top to Robert's page of his widgets.

0 Kudos