LocalLayer Widget 2.0 installation for WAB DE 2.1

08-12-2016 11:50 AM
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

Hi all -

I'm trying to install the LL2.0 widget in my WAB 2.1 environment. Can someone point me in the right direction to do this not only for the predefined default app, but for apps I've already created? I'm not sure if the 2.0 readme.md file is still appropriate to follow for WAB v. 2.1.

Thanks, Meg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Meg,

The readme.md is still accurate for 2.1.

MegPeterson
New Contributor III

Thank you, Robert.

Can you point me towards a document for adding this to already created apps? I found this online, but it’s for an older version and I think I’m mucking around too much under the hood.

https://community.esri.com/blogs/myAlaskaGIS/2015/02/04/tips-for-using-the-custom-locallayer-widget-with-wab-dev-edition

Meg Peterson

GIS Programmer/Analyst | Planning / Stewardship / GIS Services

East Bay Regional Park District

2950 Peralta Oaks Court, Oakland, CA 94605

T: 510-544-2322| F: 510-635-3478

mpeterson@ebparks.org<mailto:mpeterson@ebparks.org> | www.ebparks.org<http://www.ebparks.org>

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY | This electronic message and any files or attachments transmitted with it may be confidential, privileged, or proprietary information of the East Bay Regional Park District. The information is solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it was intended to be addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that use, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, destroy any copies, and delete it from your system.

P Please consider the environment before you print

0 Kudos
DanielStoelb
Occasional Contributor III

You'll want to go into your server/apps/ directory (underneath where you have installed the web appbuilder files).  You should see a series of numbers pertaining to the apps that you already have within WAB DE 2.1.  For each of these, you'll want to replace the LocalLayer entry in the "widgets" directory.  Depending on the previous iteration of the LocalLayer widget, you may have to redo the config for the latest iteration.

0 Kudos