Local Layer Widget not showing Feature Layer on map?

Jump to solution
04-26-2016 06:43 AM
BrettKruger
New Contributor II

Hey guys

So we are trying to create a map here using the Local Layer widget from here : GitHub - cmndrbensisko/LocalLayer: The LocalLayer Widget for ArcGIS Web AppBuilder is intended to al...

Our map basically needs the functionality which this widget offers, that is to create a map and feed it of ONLY map services without the need to install online/portal.

Has anyone used this widget and can guide me to why it would not show my feature layer?

I started using this widget on webapp builder version 2.0 but thought perhaps that is too new and switched over to v1.3 and I did change my WAB settings as stated in the readup there.

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot.

Brett Kruger

0 Kudos
16 Replies
BrettKruger
New Contributor II

Robert,

Thanks yet again for the reply. I do not completely want to remove the WAB as you mentioned all the stuff it loads from portal. Just looking to overwrite the map layers and load them from our server’s map services.

So the steps I followed:

1. Downloaded a new WAB and LL widget from github

2. Add the LL widget to the WAB and configure it as the readme on gitbhub instructs.

3. Start the WAB up and create a new default 2D map.

4. Add the LL widget to this map – leaving the default services in and adding my server’s feature service.

At this point I would expect after I save and launch the map to see my feature layer, but alas it shows nothing and my layer list widget also shows no layer. So I am expecting I am doing something wrong as I assume this widget does work but the error is most probably on my side.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brett,

OK the readme.md suggest that you manually add the LL widget with the visible as false. Are you turning on the LL widget by clicking on the eye icon on the LL widget in the WAB widgets tab?

Preview.jpg

0 Kudos
BrettKruger
New Contributor II

Robert,

Yes I am adding it manually as the readme suggests with visible false, I see I do not have the eye as the other widgets has, please see the screen shot attached.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brett,

The fact that the widget is showing in the box below the scalebar, zoom slider, search, etc and up there with those shows me that you have not added the widget to the proper location in the config.json. Can you zip and attach your config.json for me to review?

BrettKruger
New Contributor II

Robert,

Please find attached the zip file with the config file. As the readme instructs this is the default config file under the following directory: C:\*\*\*\arcgis-web-appbuilder-2.0\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\client\stemapp\predefined-apps\default

Thanks for all your’e trouble and time so far, much appreciated.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
BrettKruger
New Contributor II

Robert,

I took your advice and started playing with the config file and where to add the widget in. It seems the widget is located now at the right place and when I click the little eye its loading my layers! So all seems to be good now, just the info popup seems to be not working but I have read there are a few things to do to get that also to work.

Thanks so much for your help!

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brett,

Glad you got it working. Be sure to mark this thread as answered by clicking on the Correct Answer link on the reply that answered you question.