Incorporating graphs into eSearch Widget results

08-06-2018 07:14 AM
JustinBridwell2
Occasional Contributor II

I am using Robert's eSearch Widget to bring in some ACS census data in certain areas. Graphically, it displays the results like this: 

Lets say I wanted to display the race results as a pie graph. I can easily use `(Math.floor((Total Pop/RacialGroup) * 100).toFixed(1) + "%"); ` or something like that to get the percentage> I have no idea how I could create and insert a small pie graph in the Results under Race to display. Currently, I am using the following to display the results in the widget.js. 

thisVar.featLayerTracker +=layerConfig.Label.Population + ": " + sumPOP + "<br>";

So, I am thinking that I need to perhaps look to layerConfig inthe config_eSearch.json perhaps to set something like this up. Any ideas or suggestions?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Justin,

There is currently no support or any plans to support graphing in the eSearch results. This would be a pretty involved undertaking so I don't even have any suggestions about this at the moment.

JustinBridwell2

Thanks Robert,

It does look like quite an undertaking. I am looking at using the javascript api and dojo/dijits and seeing what I can come up with. I see there is an InfoTemplate example that allows you to have a Pie Chart tab in a popup modal on a clickable layer, but that seems like a whole different concept. Perhaps if I made a category title clickable and then launched a modal with the pie chart, that might be doable. Thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Justin,

You can try and add the chart to the results popup by making code changes in the widget code to add a media section to the results popup.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Justin Bridwell

You can link eSearch to the out-of-the-box Infographic widget in Web App Builder.  

For example I linked eSearch for Parcels to Infographics for sale price, land value and real estate value.  Seemed kind of similar, does that sound useful?

(I re-named the Infographic widget and gave it a custom icon and cloned it for each of these three chart types)

ArcGIS Web Application 

JustinBridwell2

This was a great idea. I ended up using some Dojox/Charting stuff, which was extremely complicated, but it did the trick. Wish I had thought of this earlier. Thanks. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Justin, Cool. Is your site live that you created the charts for?

0 Kudos
JustinBridwell2

Yes, its up and running, but its an internal/org app.

RichBell
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to do basically the same sort of thing.

How do I link the results from the eSearch Widget to open the Infographic Widget

automatically from the selected results?

Dogs

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Rich Bell in Infographic config select it as the Source.