Image Uploader

12-09-2015 12:07 PM
HamishKingsbury1
Occasional Contributor

What I want to be able to do is extend the Edit widget to allow for image uploads.

The data I'm working with has urls to images stored in the attribute table. These images are stored locally on the webserver. The URLs are then used to display the image in the features popup window.

I would like the functionality to upload/change/remove photos to the webserver and then place the new url into the attribute table of the feature the image is associated to.

I am aware of attachments, but unfortunately this isn't quite the right solution. I haven't looked into the problem much as i was hoping someone has tried to do something similar!

Cheers

Hamish

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HamishKingsbury1
Occasional Contributor

Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hamish,

Sorry I have no suggestions on how this could be done.

0 Kudos
JimFaulkner
New Contributor III

You can use the ArcGIS Server REST API to upload / remove photos. Here is the link to the Help:

ArcGIS REST API

0 Kudos
HamishKingsbury1
Occasional Contributor

Hmm, cheers for that. Unfortunately it looks like it might not quite meet my needs. This looks like its uploading them to somewhere within arcgis server, where as I would like to specify a location on the webserver. I think i have come up with an alternative solution however.

Thank you tho!

0 Kudos