How to set that ItemId change in config.json will affect same web app

Jump to solution
10-07-2020 11:53 PM
MichaelLev
Occasional Contributor III

I use Web AppBuilder (Develper Edtion) 2.17 and I want that when I change map.ItemId in config.json in my server, that the user of my web app will get the new map, even if he continues to use same URI address of my web app.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelLev

Dear Robert,

Thank you very much for the link.

Actually I had already thought about versioning the 3 js files at the end of index.html

I checked my idea today, and even that map.ItemId is in config.json and you wrote that config.json is also cached,

it worked perfect, so maybe the config.json is not cached after all?.

I assume that when I'll have to change some Widget.js file (and the user will still use the same app url)

I'll have either to use the solution in your link,

or maybe use the info in a, bc, d and e (which is specific on how to not cache a json file(s) )

Michael

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

The problem is that the browser is caching the apps config.json. 

Here is a thread where this is discussed in detail.

https://community.esri.com/thread/158241 

0 Kudos
MichaelLev

Dear Robert,

Thank you very much for the link.

Actually I had already thought about versioning the 3 js files at the end of index.html

I checked my idea today, and even that map.ItemId is in config.json and you wrote that config.json is also cached,

it worked perfect, so maybe the config.json is not cached after all?.

I assume that when I'll have to change some Widget.js file (and the user will still use the same app url)

I'll have either to use the solution in your link,

or maybe use the info in a, bc, d and e (which is specific on how to not cache a json file(s) )

Michael

0 Kudos