How to public publish / deploy a web AppBuilder app?

Jump to solution
01-18-2015 11:03 AM
juanma
by
New Contributor II

Hi all,

First I'd love to express my congratulations to this forum and a continouos devotion from myself and admiration for the people inside this forum. I've learned many things, and the thing is that I've just started with AppBuilder.

Then, I'd like ask you, if someone could take just some minutes to lead me to right path of deploying a just ended web app from AppBuilder.

I've used: "arcgis-web-appbuilder-1.0" in order to create/edit and download the web app as localhost. But once this happend, I thought it was easier as I've done in ArcGIS on-line to publish some maps. But, I think I'm a bit lost in this issue.

What I've read from here: http://manuel-vaio:3344/webappbuilder/help/#/Deploy_app/03w30000004v000000/ is that I need to configure a .js configuration file.

If you please have a minute to refer me to a good documentation for this explanation (if you don't have from your own), it'd be very kind from you. Sorry for my inexperience in this issue, and if you need to ask me for any reason, please don't hesitate to do it.

Thanks in advance,

Juan,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Juan,

The process of setting up a proxy is different based on your environment.

1. Start with getting the proxy source files from this link. Esri/resource-proxy · GitHub
  2. Next choose the proxy source based on your web server environment (i.e if you are deploying to Windows IIS then the proxy to use is DotNet).
  3. In the particular proxy flavor you choose is a detailed readme.md (open this in any text editor). Just follow those detailed instructions.
  4. Once you have your proxy deployed to your web server and have tested it based on the
    Test that the proxy is able to forward requests directly in the browser using:
  5. You now add your proxy url to your apps config.json.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Juan,

1. So is your question only about setting up the Proxy or are you having other deployment issues?
  2. Did you get past the step of registering your app?
0 Kudos
juanma
by
New Contributor II

Hi Robert Scheitlin, GISP,

Thanks for answering. Let's see:

1. I think that once created, my intention was to get it published, and as you mention, the next step should be to set up the Proxy for this purpose, and this is something that I don't really have idea how to do.
  2. Then, in order to create my Web App, I needed to register, to let the software redirect to the editor. But, once questioned that, I'm not sure if it is already registered.

Thanks,

Juan.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Juan,

The process of setting up a proxy is different based on your environment.

1. Start with getting the proxy source files from this link. Esri/resource-proxy · GitHub
  2. Next choose the proxy source based on your web server environment (i.e if you are deploying to Windows IIS then the proxy to use is DotNet).
  3. In the particular proxy flavor you choose is a detailed readme.md (open this in any text editor). Just follow those detailed instructions.
  4. Once you have your proxy deployed to your web server and have tested it based on the
    Test that the proxy is able to forward requests directly in the browser using:
  5. You now add your proxy url to your apps config.json.
juanma
by
New Contributor II

Many thanks Robert Scheitlin, GISP‌ for your time and for these tips.

I'll try although I'm not well related with these kind of tasks.

Thanks again,

Juan.

0 Kudos
JacquelineKovarik
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

Hoping you can provide a little assistance on the step of registering the app, since you're so well versed in Web Appbuilder. This part is confusing to me, since when we download the Developer Edition of Web Appbuilder, we are instructed (through Esri's documentation) to register the application itself as an "Application" with a generic title such as "my web appbuilder" in ArcGIS Online...

So, do I additionally need to register the web app I generate through this already registered version of Web Appbuilder (if that makes any sense!)?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Jacqueline

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jacqueline,

The registration process is just to allow WAB to access your organizations AGOL content (i.e. basemaps, webmaps, Geometry service, etc). Once you have done this once you are done. There is no further registration that has to happen. Additional registration of the individual apps that you produce with WAB do not require registration. Hope this helps. If you still have questions please just ask.

JacquelineKovarik
New Contributor III

Thank you, Robert - that clears it up for me!

Jacqueline

0 Kudos