How to Customise a Interactively draw on the map Feature in Web AppBuilder

09-07-2020 08:23 AM
SushilPradhan
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I have a custom widget (GP Task) in Web AppBuilder which uses Interactively Draw on the Map feature, as shown below, to select a location on the map. I am looking to customise this tool as below:

1. Since this widget is only relevant for a LOCATION (point), i want to hide other drawing features such as line, polygons, rectangles, etc.

2. At the moment, users can add multiple points on the map, but how can I restrict it to only SINGLE point at a time?

It sounds simple but couldn't figure out the way doing it. I would appreciate if anyone can enlighten me on this please.

Many thanks in advance.

Sushil

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

You might find if you add a template schema (point feature class) to your input parameter on the tool before publishing, it should limit the options to point (also try the smart edit widget first, as it might have better customisation without having to resort to this).

I'd also like to know how to limit it to one point only.

SushilPradhan
New Contributor II

Hi David,

Thanks. I used a point feature class as an input parameter before publishing, but it's the same result. I am wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge about this.

Thanks in advance.

-Sushil

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I'd set the parameter as FeatureSet and apply a point FC's schema to it.

0 Kudos