How to create a custom config?

Jump to solution
09-17-2018 05:49 PM
GregRieck
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have several widgets the reference rest end point URL's. I would like to be able to use a config file in the root folder of the WAB site to store the path to these URL's. I have found the config.json file in the root directory. Within the config.json file I have changed the "config": path from "configs/..." path to the root, ie "config": "mycustom.json".

mycustom.json has a reference to a rest end point

{

"myUrl": "'//myportal.com/server/rest/services/SiteName/FeatureServer/SomeNumber'",

additional urls.....

}

Now how do I access mycustom.json within the individual widget.js files?

var myurl = ??. mycustom.json.???myUrl????

If I am off base with this approach please let me know. I didn't want to have a separate config file for each widget as each widget would be using the same URL's in the config file.

Thank You,

Greg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
GregRieck

Robert,

this.config.oneUrl is not defined in postCreate but it is available and accessible in the startup function. Thank you for the help on this.

Greg 

0 Kudos
GregRieck

Robert,

I found another location where it would be helpful to be able to use the name value pair from my config file. It's in a FeatureAction in a couple of my widgets. Do you know how I can get access to "this.config" within a FeatureAction?

Greg

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Greg,

A FeatureAction does not have any tie back to a widget so there is no access to a widget config by default. The only way to get this would be to find the widget using WidgetManager getWidgetsByName function and then you could get the widgets config.

0 Kudos