how to change zoom feature length in address search

01-17-2018 09:49 AM
devarsimajumder2
New Contributor

rscheitlin

we are trying to see if there is  a  way we  can set the length of zoom  the  address search does  when we look for a  address. Instead of going right to the address, is there a way we can change the zoom in length it goes?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Devarsi,

When you are asking questions make sure you choose to start a new Question and not a new Discussion.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

This question has been asked and answered a few times already. Her is one such thread:

https://community.esri.com/thread/175998 

0 Kudos
devarsimajumder2
New Contributor

On the json file, which one do we use. I opened the one that is under the widgets file called search, but I don’t see the lines where it needs to be place.. I have attached a pic. I am using the right one

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Devarsi,

No once a widget has been configured for an app the proper location for config changes is in the apps configs folder (i.e. [instal dir]\server\apps\[app#]\configs\Search\config_Search.json)

0 Kudos
devarsimajumder2
New Contributor

Ok I have found the file that you are talking about. What code do I put in here to change the zoom file. I have attached a pic to show how the coding looks so far.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Devarsi,

You need to re-read the thread I posted earlier. The fix I suggest has nothing to do with the json file.

0 Kudos
devarsimajumder2
New Contributor

I read the thread and I saw that any changes are made in the config folder. What I am not understanding is how to change it. That is what I need help with.

I went to that folder and accessed the config file. The concern I have is where I put the code that you wrote out in the thread where its marked correct answer.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Devarsi,

The reply that was marked the correct answer in that thread was for minified code in the Widget.js (which is what the original poster needed). In your case you need to use the first response I made to the Original poster (many times you need to read the whole thread to understand).

0 Kudos
devarsimajumder2
New Contributor

I have read the thread but I am sorry maybe im not understanding where you made the orginal post or what but this is very confusing for me. Im still new to javascript programming if you can please help me out or show me where in the thread which lines to use I would appreciate it.

Thank you

0 Kudos