How do I access my feature layers to pass them into a dijit?

Jump to solution
08-16-2019 04:31 AM
JamesHone1
New Contributor III

Hi, I have made use of the selectdijit and I know I need to pass in a feature layer as a param so it knows what to select from.

I just cant work out how to get my feature layers into a var to pass in, seems like it should be simple but I cant quite find out how to do it.

In all the examples I see they are creating the feature layer then adding it to the map so they already have the feature layer to pass about. As Im using WAB I am not creating the feature layers in code they are added to the map when we config the app. How do I get the feature layers in my map so I can pass them as arguments etc?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

James,

If you look at the API Reference you will see that the LayerNode has a getLayerObject() method this is the actual layer object that can be passed.

LayerNode class—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

James,

In WAB you use code like this to traverse the maps layers.

define([
'jimu/LayerInfos/LayerInfos',
'dojo/_base/array',
],
  function(
LayerInfos, array,
) {

// Get all feature layers from the map
        LayerInfos.getInstance(this.map, this.map.itemInfo)
        .then(lang.hitch(this, function(layerInfosObj) {
          var infos = layerInfosObj.getLayerInfoArray();
          var options = [];
          array.forEach(infos, function(info) {
            console.info(info);
            if(info.title === 'the title of the layer as seen in the layerlist widget') {

}
          });
        }));
0 Kudos
JamesHone1
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert I have seen code similar to this and I have used it to print out my layer structure in the console. I have also took a look at layerStructure as layerInfos is depreciating.

Im still slightly confused as to what I pass into the dijit, it requireds a FeatuerLayer, does the resulting LayerInfos contain the featuerlayers that I can pass in or just the info about them? how can get a feature layer to pass into the dijit from this?

Heres the code I have so far that prints my layers to the console, uses layerstructure instead of layerinfos but I assume they are similar.

var layerStructure = new LayerStructure.getInstance();
    console.log(layerStructure);
    this._printLayerTree(layerStructure);

_printLayerTree: function(layerStructure) {
    	layerStructure.traversal(function(layerNode) {
            var indent = "";
            for(var i = 0; i < layerNode.getNodeLevel(); i++) {indent += "  ";}
            console.log(indent, layerNode.title);
        });
    },

Im trying to pass 3 feature layers into FeatureSetChooserForMultipleLayers dijit.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

James,

If you look at the API Reference you will see that the LayerNode has a getLayerObject() method this is the actual layer object that can be passed.

LayerNode class—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

JamesHone1
New Contributor III

thanks I will take a look at that

0 Kudos