Help adding custom widgets to web app builder

07-08-2020 11:56 PM
ThomasPayne
New Contributor

Good morning - I wonder if anyone can help. I am trying to use custom widgets in Web App Builder. I have downloaded several custom widgets from this site and followed the steps listed below. When I go into Web App Builder and try and add the widget, I can see the widget icon under the 'custom' tab - but when I select the icon it does not let me click OK to then begin using the tool. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/10.7/use/add-custom-widgets.htm

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Thomas,

Look for errors in the browsers console. When adding Custom widgets to Portal (Enterprise) you have to understand that Portal WAB is several version behind AGOL and WAB Developer. See this link below and make sure you get the custom widget version that is closest to your Portals WAB Version.

About release versions—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

ThomasPayne
New Contributor

Many thanks for taking the time to reply/help - I will certainly try this - much obliged.

0 Kudos
ThomasPayne
New Contributor

Hi Robert - I am still having the same issue - not sure if you have any further tips as I am a little stuck....

We are using Enterprise 10.7.1

Thank you for the link you sent - from this I presumed I should be looking for version 2.12 widgets.

I actually found one of your widgets (identify) at this version and uploaded & then added to portal.I am however still getting the same issue. When I try and add a custom widget, I can see the icon, but can't select OK to then add to the web app. 

I looked for errors in browser console but none were present.

Many thanks for any help,

Tom 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tom,

So some screenshots will help. So in the attached image are you saying that you have selected/clicked on the Identify widget (so that it has the check in the upper left) and the OK button does nothing? Normally that would indicate an error adding the widgets settings page and errors would appear in the browsers web console.

0 Kudos
ThomasPayne
New Contributor

Hi Robert - yes that is correct. As per screenshot below I can see the custom apps. However it will then not let me select OK. Am I missing something?

Many thanks for your help

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Thomas

And you are sure that the browsers console has no errors?

0 Kudos
ThomasPayne
New Contributor

Hi Robert - apologies I have now found the error I believe is causing the issue: "has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource."

I believe resolution will be to allow cross-origin resource sharing - but I am not 100% sure how to do this. Do you have any advice?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Thomas,

CORs is a big subject and not something easily diagnosed in a chat like this. Best advice it Google and try several of the results.