Hamilton County help dialog

Jump to solution
08-05-2015 12:52 PM
CarlosPiccirillo
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

My boss really likes the help dialog that is used in the Hamilton County, Indiana website and he wants me to make something similar for our organization.

http://gis.hamiltoncounty.in.gov/mapviewer/index.html

Can someone tell he how this was done and if the code behind it is publicly available.

Thank you for your time.

Carlos

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Carlos,

Larry Stout​ took the help menu you are looking for from here:

Hamilton County Map Viewer

He also was the author of this.

He is very helpful I am sure he can point you in the right direction.

It uses Configurable Map Viewer,​ I am not sure if he was the original author.

I would be surprised if he wasn't.

Configurable Map Viewer · GitHub

View solution in original post

9 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Carlos,

Larry Stout​ wrote this app.

CarlosPiccirillo
New Contributor III

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Larry wrote widgets used in the Hamilton County website, not the actual help dialog which is what my boss wants me to duplicate.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

This is Larry'smain page Larrys Custom WAB Widgets and More

Start there.  This is actually on the Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List​  but I could even find it right off....(time to reorganize the page again)

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Carlos,

Larry Stout​ took the help menu you are looking for from here:

Hamilton County Map Viewer

He also was the author of this.

He is very helpful I am sure he can point you in the right direction.

It uses Configurable Map Viewer,​ I am not sure if he was the original author.

I would be surprised if he wasn't.

Configurable Map Viewer · GitHub

CarlosPiccirillo
New Contributor III

Thanks everyone for the all of the links and fast replies. This group is great! I've only been doing WAB for two months so I will see what I can figure out on my own from the link you all sent.

Once again, many thanks, it's greatly appreciated!!!

Carlos

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hi ​Carlos, make sure to either mark an answer as correct, or the question as "assumed answered" (in your original post) so the thread will be marked as closed. Thanks.

0 Kudos
CarlosPiccirillo
New Contributor III

Done and thanks again.

0 Kudos
LarryStout
Occasional Contributor III

Carlos,

The widget at https://community.esri.com/external-link.jspa?url=http://gis.hamiltoncounty.in.gov/mapviewer/index.h... is in the Hamilton County Flex Viewer. I also adapted it to an early version of the CMV, but switched my focus to the WAB in April 2014. I took what I had done for the CMV and extended it for the WAB.

I haven't had the time to pull this widget out of the WAB viewer and document it.  It has a dependency on the "Acme" widget, which is a headless widget.  The Anvil samples on my page are examples of the "Acme" widget that have been scaled down to perform single tasks.  You can download my entire WAB application from here to see how it fits into the application.

I have retired from Hamilton County, but now I have another full time job, and my time for keeping up with GeoNet has been pretty limited.

Larry

CarlosPiccirillo
New Contributor III

Larry,

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation, I really appreciate it. I have been programming ESRI products since 1991, first with AML, then Avenue, VBA, VB and C#. I'm pretty new to Web AppBuilder with about two months experience and it looks like I'll be starting a new learning curve in order to customize Web AppBuilder apps.

Your widgets are fantastic and I very much look forward to seeing what other wonderful widgets you come up with in the future.

Once more, thank you for taking the time to explain things to me, I greatly appreciate.

Carlos

South Florida Water Management District