Generic Email Widget

Jump to solution
07-16-2015 10:43 AM
TerryGustafson
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I was wondering gif anyone has some generic starter code for generating an email.

Thanks,

Terry

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Are you looking for a way for someone to click on a link and send an email?

Try this: Email (this link shows how a user could fill out a form and send an email)

or this: Email2 (this link shows how when a user clicks a link a new email will open)

View solution in original post

15 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Are you looking for a way for someone to click on a link and send an email?

Try this: Email (this link shows how a user could fill out a form and send an email)

or this: Email2 (this link shows how when a user clicks a link a new email will open)

TerryGustafson

The second one is exactly what I’m looking for. I’m beyond new to the web appbuilder. I created a custom widget and not sure how I would incorporate this code.. Here is what my widget currently looks like.. Would I place it in the

tag?

define(['dojo/_base/declare',

'jimu/BaseWidget'

],

function(declare, BaseWidget) {

var clazz = declare(, {

templateString: '

This is a test... Please enter your suggestion and click "Submit" to email you suggestion to the Planning Department ' +
'.

',

_getMapId: function(){

alert(this.map.id);

}

});

clazz.hasStyle = false;

clazz.hasUIFile = false;

clazz.hasLocale = false;

clazz.hasConfig = false;

return clazz;

});

0 Kudos
TerryGustafson

I tried this thinking I could just add in the href.

'

Just not familiar with dojo..

0 Kudos
TerryGustafson

I’m sorry for the emails, but I figured it out.. Thanks for the help.. How do I give you credit for helping me on the website?

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Terry,

Lots of people have helped me here so the only recognition needed would be to mark my answer as correct.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

But it would help to post your final solution too so others can find it when needed. 

To mark one as correct:

Mark a reply as the Correct Answer

Also, clicking helpful Yes for all those that help is good   (and no need to do that for this one....just passing info on)

TerryGustafson

Thank you, I’m super new so will try and post what I did. Thanks for the help..

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

You could always post to GitHub or just the widget.js and widget.html code in this thread.

0 Kudos
TerryGustafson

I just added it as a reply.. Thanks again for the help.. I’m working on developing an application so I’m sure I will be an expert on getting help as well as gaining knowledge of web appbuilder..

0 Kudos