fail to startup widget?

08-14-2017 08:14 AM
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

I know not much info to go on, but is there any way to tell where I need to look to address this failed to startup widget Undefined error in a custom widget?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

James,

Is this a custom widget you built? I look like there is an issue in the widget code itself.

JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Yes it is.  Well, sort of -- I've taken an existing widget, renamed things and removed a lot of the functionality.

I'll take another stab at the widget code -- perhaps there's simply an incorrect declaration of something.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Robert -- it was just easier to start over from scratch, thanks for the encouragement.  I was able to get things to load as intended and can now focus on building in the functionality.  It's probably a good thing that I'm having to redo/rinse/repeat until I get it setup correctly.

I will say that there's just a lot of little details, spread out over components, that all need to be set correctly.  Sorry for the lack of details here but it's just a general observation for those intending to dig into building these things out from an example.

0 Kudos