eSearch widget minimize panel when clicking a result record

Jump to solution
08-10-2015 04:52 PM
SebastianRoberts
Occasional Contributor III

I am using Robert Scheitlin's excellent eSearch widget and am hoping to modify one bit of behavior.  When the width of the screen goes below 600 pixels (ie smartphone), then in the WAB a foldable panel occupies the whole width of the screen.  When this is the case, my test users seem to get confused on how to see a result on the map.  They expect to be able to click on a record in the search results and see the search result on the map.  The eSearch widget already zooms and centers to the clicked search result, but or course the map is behind the foldable panel which now takes up the whole screen.  I'm wondering if I could minimize the eSearch Panel when a result is clicked?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SebastianRoberts

Well I just downloaded the Developer 1.2 version update, and I see that the behavior of widgets has been changed for small screen sizes.  The responsive design now has the widget only taking up half the screen, so I no longer see the need to minimize the search widget when a result is clicked.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sebastian,

I will look at this enhancement request for the next release. Thanks for the feedback.

0 Kudos
SebastianRoberts

Thanks Robert,

That would be much appreciated.  Alternatively, let me know if you have a hint on how to minimize a foldable panel widget, or if you know of another widget that has this behavior that I could take a look at.

0 Kudos
SebastianRoberts

Well I just downloaded the Developer 1.2 version update, and I see that the behavior of widgets has been changed for small screen sizes.  The responsive design now has the widget only taking up half the screen, so I no longer see the need to minimize the search widget when a result is clicked.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sebastian,

That is great. One less thing for me to worry about and I really like the way it looks too.

0 Kudos
LarryStout

Sebastian,

You might also look at my _WidgetOpacityMixin Version 1.1.3 May 5, 2015.  It allows you to adjust the opacity of the widget so you can see through it a bit.  Minimizing the widget is a good idea, but why bother unless you know what the map will look like?

Larry