esearch widget for web appbuilder 2.2

12-16-2016 10:34 AM
devarsimajumder2
New Contributor

hello there 

i have recently upgraded the web app builder from 1.2 to 2.2 and imported five exisiting applications. when i try to go use the enhanced search tool it just gives me a circle and doesnt let me edit the searches. i downloaded the new files and put in the same location as i did with the earlier 1.2 apps but still getting the same thing can someone help me with this. thanks

rscheitlin

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Devarsi,

Going from 1.2 to 2.2 there have likely been to many changes in the widgets configuration file. You will need to start over in 2.2.

0 Kudos
devarsimajumder2
New Contributor

rscheitlin

i have downloaded the files. Where in the WAB folder do i put the new unzipped folder for the esearch? Does it go in the widgets folder? Thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Devarsi,

Oh, I thought you had already completed that step... You need to overwrite the eSearch folder in the widgets folder of the specific app you are working with (i.e. [install dir]\server\apps\[app#]\widgets) and overwite the eSearch folder in the [install dir]\client\stemapp\widgets too.

0 Kudos
devarsimajumder2
New Contributor

Robert

I have installed the new esearch tool folder within each specific application yet when i try to  and edit it lets me do everything but now it is saying that it failed to create the ewidget i went and replaced the esearch folder that was located in client\stemapp\widgets\ with the same folder that i went into each app and did.  what did i do wrong this is what it is showing me 

can you help me please. THanks

rscheitlin

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

What does the browsers web console show?

0 Kudos
devarsimajumder2
New Contributor

where can i find what the browsers web console show?  Hold on i think you mean this.

here is how the layers look

rscheitlin

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

No I mean the browsers developer tools (just hit F12) and then look for error in the console window.

0 Kudos
devarsimajumder2
New Contributor

i havent really used  the developer tools console. can you please help me to show me what you need to see in order to help me. I am still new to this. thank you

rscheitlin

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hit F12 and go to the console tab and screenshot what you see in red after you expand any of the errors

0 Kudos