Esearch to create a URL paramater from the input of a user?

Jump to solution
02-09-2018 06:01 PM
MartinOwens1
Occasional Contributor II

Alright this is kind of a weird question but figured I would ask anyways. Is there a way to not have to search a feature class or render a result in the results tab but instead build a url using the params the user puts in and send it. For example I have multiple feature classes configured within the esearch (eg...ParcelsFC for Parcel #, SubdivisionFC for Plat Names). I aslo have one for Survey Records the issue is not all of the old SRs are in the dataset. We have all of the SRs available and pulled up through an aspx resource that launches the pdf. So to open a pdf the url could be:

http://mydomain/GIMS/widgets/blah/resources/docviewer.aspx?act=surrec&vol=045&pg=0205 

So instead of returning results just pass the user input into a url which would launch the pdf.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Martin,

I think I understand what you are wanting, but it is not something that the eSearch will do. What you are wanting is more of a custom widget that take the users input and opens a web page based on the input to build the url.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Martin,

I think I understand what you are wanting, but it is not something that the eSearch will do. What you are wanting is more of a custom widget that take the users input and opens a web page based on the input to build the url.

0 Kudos
MartinOwens1
Occasional Contributor II

Yeah I agree. The more I thought about it over the weekend the more I realized that wasn't the way to go. Especially since there wouldn't be a way to verify the query was valid, or a way to show the user that no record exists, and it would end up referencing a nonexistent URL.

0 Kudos