eSearch Draw Box not Resetting after Search

Jump to solution
10-12-2016 06:39 AM
deleted-user-FTxtuSQd67Ur
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I hooked up the Enhanced Search widget to the Print widget such that data would be passed from one widget to the other and I have that working just fine (finally)!

However, I am running into an issue that after I select a point and then print the data, the draw box portion of the Enhanced Search widget fails to reload itself and will not let me click on any of the shapes.  What is weirder is that I can go into the "By Value" tab and type in a Parcel Number and that seems to be working fine! For this application though it would be nicer for staff to be able to use the shapes to select the points that they need.

Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Carissa,

So you have multiple issue with your site.

1. You need to add the svg mime type to your IIS
  2. You need to add the wof mime type to your IIS
  3. You have custom code in your print widgets onRecieveData function that Assumes that there is a params.parcel.parcel_id in the params object each time, but me eSearch widget also publishes data that the print widgets onRecieveData function sees and there is no params.parcel property. So you need to check in your print widgets onRecieveData function if it is your publish data method or another widgets.

Link for how to add those mime types:

http://eli.eliandlyndi.com/2010/11/29/enable-iis-to-serve-woff-and-svg-files/ 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Carissa,

I can not duplicate that issue using the live preview site. Is there any error in the browsers web console that you can share?

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Robert,

I took a screen shot of the error that I am getting:

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Carissa,

There is no enough of the error info visible for me to know what is going on. The problem is line 142 of which Widget.js file (because it is not the eSearch Widget.js, because line 142 is still in the variable declaration portion and not the onRecieveData function).
Is your site public?

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Yes it is public: ArcGIS Web Application  

We use the draw box to select one point, then we go to the Print, and then print out our pdf and then go back to the draw function in the eSeach to select a new point.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Carissa,

So you have multiple issue with your site.

1. You need to add the svg mime type to your IIS
  2. You need to add the wof mime type to your IIS
  3. You have custom code in your print widgets onRecieveData function that Assumes that there is a params.parcel.parcel_id in the params object each time, but me eSearch widget also publishes data that the print widgets onRecieveData function sees and there is no params.parcel property. So you need to check in your print widgets onRecieveData function if it is your publish data method or another widgets.

Link for how to add those mime types:

http://eli.eliandlyndi.com/2010/11/29/enable-iis-to-serve-woff-and-svg-files/ 

New Contributor III

Robert,

Will give the IIS a try for sure.  So it does not matter that I had the params hard-coded in the eSearch widget and the Print widget, widget.js and print.js?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Carissa,

What I am saying is that you need to have an if check in your onRecieveData function of your print widgets js file that checks to see if params.parcel exists.

0 Kudos