eSearch - Date Expression issue

06-12-2016 11:38 PM
RodWoodfordOld
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Robert,

I keep getting a conflict when building multiple date expressions using the ANY option. Basically I have setup a Modified Date is after function and a Created date is after function using the ANY option as the OR statement. But when I conduct a query, eSearch searches both fields as they both have a default date. How do I resolve this so eSearch will only search upon one field? Can the default date be set to nothing until the user selects a date? I hope this makes sense.

cheers

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rod,

No currently you can not search on just one date field. I do not think it is a good idea to force the user to select a date from the date picker. In the next release you will be able to clear the date from the date picker text box and it will act like the rest of the eSearch (i.e not use that date part in the SQL that is built).

0 Kudos
RodWoodfordOld
Occasional Contributor III

Ok, will the next release allow the administrator to configure the date picker to default to the current date?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rod,

No, as I mentioned earlier I do not want the user to have to select a date from the calendar dropdown.

0 Kudos