Esearch custom widget not working

09-06-2018 07:40 AM
SaraEL_MALKI
Occasional Contributor II

Hello guys,

It's my fisrt time using a custom widget and adding it to my Portal following these steps:

Add custom widgets—Portal for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Enterprise 

I tried to add the Esearch widget on:

Enhanced Search Widget Version 2.7 - 2/23/18 

When I try to use it, the link "Add a search layer" does not open a windows for me, instead it creates an empty line at "Search title" like in the image below:

I don't know what's the reason, is it my fault ? 

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

Rebecca Strauch, GISP

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sara,

Portal is several version behind when it comes to the version of WAB it is running. So you using 2.7 of my widget is likely the issue. What version of Portal are you using?

SaraEL_MALKI

I am using Portal 10.6 ? 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
SaraEL_MALKI

Robert,

I have tried 2.6 and 2.7 and both of them show the same problem 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sara,

What is the error in your browsers web console (open develop tools F12)?

SaraEL_MALKI

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sara,

So it looks like you are using French locale and there seems to be an issue with my translation string for "Force Scale" in the 

eSearch\setting\nls\fr\strings.js.  I have forceScale: "force de l\'échelle", which produces the error you are showing so edit the eSearch\setting\nls\fr\strings.js and change forceScale: "force de l\'échelle" to something else that does not use \'é. Maybe: "Échelle de force"

SaraEL_MALKI

Robert,

I have edit it, refreshed the web server, added it again as an appBuilder extension and tried to add a layer, the same two errors keep showing

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hmm. Some how you are not getting the updated file then. I am not a Portal user so I am not sure what you are missing.

0 Kudos