eSearch Buffer Graphic Disappears

Jump to solution
12-11-2015 07:47 AM
TomLeMahieu
New Contributor II

After creating a buffer using the eSearch widget (JavaScript), the buffer graphic does not appear when any other widget is active.  All other graphics remain visible.

eSearch widget active

Print widget is active

eSearch widget is active again

How can I retain the buffer graphics across widgets?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tom,

Sure you can in the Widgets configuration page go to the very bottom and click the "Edit Default Buffer Properties" and check the "Add buffer layer to the maps legend"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tom,

You have this question in the Flex API GeoNet Space but you mention (javascript)?... Are you talking about the WAB version of the eSearch?

0 Kudos
TomLeMahieu
New Contributor II

Didn't mean to post in the Flex API.  Yes I mean the WAB version of eSearch

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tom,

Sure you can in the Widgets configuration page go to the very bottom and click the "Edit Default Buffer Properties" and check the "Add buffer layer to the maps legend"

TomLeMahieu
New Contributor II

Robert,

Thanks!  That did it. I had tried changing that setting once before, but it still didn't appear.  After you confirmed that it was necessary to change the "Addtolegend" setting to true, I noticed that I had some old code in the open and close functions and I needed to update them to show/hide the graphicsbufferlayer.

Thanks for the widgets you've created.  They're fantastic!

Tom

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tom,

Glad to help. Don't forget to mark this thread as answered. To do this you have to open the thread (you can not see the correct answer link from inside your inbox) and then you will see the green star with correct answer link. Just click that link on the thread that answered your question.

0 Kudos