eSearch 2.12 potential issue - Query Layers

Jump to solution
09-26-2019 11:59 PM
RodWoodfordOld
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Robert,

I'm currently using eSearch 2.12 and am experiencing issues when using query layers with unique value settings. No options are returned even for small services. I have upgraded from 2.6 where I had no issue with the same query layers. Any advice would be useful.

cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RodWoodfordOld

That was it Robert. I added in lines 47 and 48 and it now works, fantastic. They didn't come through in the original post.

}), lang.hitch(this, function(err){
            this.queryTask.executeForIds(this.query, lang.hitch(this, this.onSearchIdsFinish), lang.hitch(this, this.onSearchError));
          }

I have also just noticed that at 2.12 the date fields wont clear when you select clear fields option. Do you have code fix for this.

cheers

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
26 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Any errors in the web console you can share? Is it a public site I can test?

0 Kudos
RodWoodfordOld

Hi Robert,

I've stripped the query layer back to return only 5 records and still get the following error. There are no null values. Works fine when selecting by point, line, polygon, etc and when building a textual search using by value. It just want work when adding the unique values option.

Widget.js?wab_dv=2.12:2727 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'hasOwnProperty' of null
at Object.buildWhereClause (Widget.js?wab_dv=2.12:2727)
at Object.search (Widget.js?wab_dv=2.12:2498)
at Object.onSearch (Widget.js?wab_dv=2.12:2201)
at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (init.js:64)

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rod,

That is not a lot of help. Basically that error is saying that it can not get the string(s)/value(s) that you are searching for in the widgets input.

Please answer all questions.

1. Do you have more than one input configured for this search?
  2. Again is your site public or the service you are using?
0 Kudos
RodWoodfordOld

Robert see below.

1 - I have tried single input and multiple inputs with no success when using the unique value option.  Like I said all other options work fine, it only fails when i engage the unique values option.

2 - No its not public but potentially will be if I can get it to work.

Hope this helps.

cheers

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rod,

Sorry I am not sure what else I can do to help. As I mentioned the exact error you are getting is based on it not being able to get the value of the search input.

So are you able to see it get all the unique values then choose one of those before you get to this error?

0 Kudos
RodWoodfordOld

Thanks Robert,

I'll do some more testing tomorrow and get back to you.

cheers

0 Kudos
RodWoodfordOld

Hi Robert,

I have  tried different query layers to no avail in eSearch 2.12 unique values setup. I can advice that all query layers I have generated today work with WABD 2.12 generic widgets such as the QUERY widget for unique values setup. They also work with the EXTRA DATA SOURCE option. So I'm at a loss as to why eSearch 2.12 will not allow me to set unique values for these same query layers. Have you tested query layers with the unique option setup in 2.12?

At this stage all I can do is use the generic WABD 2.12 query widget for unique drop down searches and use eSearch for all other type of searches for these query layers. 

Also I had no issue creating the unique value setting option in Esearch when using feature classes in rest end points. Its just query layer rest end points that seem to have this problem.

To answer your question from yesterday;

So are you able to see it get all the unique values then choose one of those before you get to this error? NO, I don't get any values returned when configuring the values, it just hangs.

Hope this info helps at all.

cheers

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rod,

I don't use query layer or have access to any to do testing on it.

0 Kudos
RodWoodfordOld

Robert,

If I setup a public query layer, would you have time and be happy to test it within eSearch to identity the issue?

cheers

0 Kudos