07-14-2014 03:57 PM
Labels (1)

Enhanced Search Widget Version 2.23.1 - 11/22/22

Live Preview Site

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | Help - Enhanced Search widget

List of the latest enhancements and changes:

1. Fixed issue with Spatial Relationship settings

Older enhancements or changes

Check the "Older enhancements or changes.txt" in the download for a complete list.

Older Versions

Last 2.21 version

Last 2.17 version

Last 2.13 version

Last 2.12 version

Last 2.11 version

Last 2.9 version

Last 2.7 version

Last 2.6 version

Last 2.5 version

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments

Thanks, Robert. I didn't notice that check box before because the text was cut off. It worked once I checked all the fields I didn't want to show in the results (which I had gotten backwards the first couple tries).

As a follow-up question, is there a way to have it show a list of suggested search terms as you type (like what Google does)? This would be for this custom widget or the default search widget. I also tried using a geocode service and still can't get it to predict even though the Esri documentation hints that it should.

Blake,

No auto complete/suggest is not a native ability. I have this in my website using a custom built .Net web service.

Hi Robert,

I just noticed that my eSearch widget (which is phenomenal, by the way) isn't currently functioning. It has worked perfectly as recently as last week. Interestingly enough, I also just checked it on your preview site and had the same "Search Failed  !" box pop up. I'm running WAB 2.0, and I'm not sure which version of the widget, but it was working well until I checked it today. Any ideas?

Lincoln County SD GIS,

My live preview site is working fine except for the Louisville Zoning layer (which sometimes happen when using sample services).

Hi Robert,

Could you please say me when the Widget uses the proxy server? I'm testing the app deployed in a web server with proxy setting
but I can't see the request with proxy.  I only see the request with proxy, when the proxy's setting is for all request.

I'm following the help document.

Warning:
Once your app is deployed to your web server the widget no longer has access to the Node JS proxy and therefore some searches may fail due to the size of the query request. In order to prevent this type of search failure you need to deploy a Proxy to your web server. You simply need to go to the Esri/resource-proxy · GitHub website and download the proxy and follow the instructions in the readme for the web server version you are using (i.e. IIS on a windows machine means you use the DotNet proxy). Once you have the proxy setup on your web server, all you need to do is add the URL to the apps config.json file in the httpProxy object.

Thank you.

Alexander,

The proxy will only be used when the query string charter limit has been exceeded (i.e. when a buffer is used for a complex polygon).

Thank you Robert, I will try setting a rule in the httpProxy object (config.json file).

Love the widget!

I noticed a small grammatical error in the 'Choose Available Spatial Relationship(s)' window:

So I just tried to search for a parcel owner on your live preview site.

I was looking for [Day Jean] but I would get no results.

I still have to enter [Day%Jean] to find the records I am looking for.

Is it up to date with 2.1.2?

James,

Well this is embarrassing . The code is in version 2.1.2, but I commented it out for some testing and left it commented out by mistake.  If you get the 2.1.2 version open the Widget.js and un-comment lines 2369 - 2377. I have un-commented those lines on my live preview site now (you will likely have to clear your browsers cache) so you can test.

Anonymous User

Anyone seeing an issue where double-click doesn't complete the selection in search by Shape?  If I double-click a ton (like a crazy person) eventually it will complete. But it just keeps drawing vertices instead of completing, for quite a while. Seems like a click handler issue.  I have 2.1.1 of eSeach 2.1 of WAB which uses 3.17 API

It happens in this app I am building... ArcGIS Web Application   and some others.

Kevin,

What browser are you using? I just tested in Chrome Version 53.0.2785.116 m and in IE 11.0.9600.18449 using your site and had no issues.

rscheitlinis right, it works fine on IE 11.0.9600.18314 correctly, so you should def check your browser as an issue.

Baba

Hi Robert,

We're using the version of eSearch released prior to this one. I'd like all eSearch results to be highlighted on the map. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you!
Sonya Rifkin

Sonya,

The best that is available is to specify a layer specific symbology for the results:

Thanks for clarifying that, Robert. So, it will create a new layer with the results using the custom symbol; it cannot overlay complete map with the custom-symbolized results? Just want to make sure I've got it!

Sonya,

The eSearch always creates a new layer of just the results, so yes.

Sonya-

Please vote for my Idea regarding custom symbology:

https://community.esri.com/ideas/12640 

Thanks Robert works great now!

I notice your print service can do selected parcel information, I've been trying to figure that out for awhile now, is there a way you could post a how-to on the way you did it?

James,

Start a new question in the standard Web App Builder space:

https://community.esri.com/discussion/create.jspa?suppressMarkQuestion=true&question=true&containerT... 

And I will answer it there.

Hi Robert!

Your widgets continue to be the best stuff out there! Thanks for all the hard work!

We've been encountering a weird bug, and I'm wondering if it is a config issue on our side or not.

When you select a feature in an operational results layer from the Attribute table widget, the selected feature is removed from the operational layer and cannot be re-selected. When I try to select the feature again, i get the following error:

When I hit the refresh button, the feature is removed from the operational layer attribute table entirely. Any Ideas on the cause of this?

Thanks for Your Time!

-Eric 

Eric,

No unfortunately you can see this error using the query widget or the select widget as well. It is a Attribute Table Widget bug.

Thanks for your ongoing support, Robert. A follow-up question, as this feature is important to our end-users (the ability to automatically and seamlessly see search results as selections on the map). The custom symbols available will not overlay neatly on the symbols used in the map. Is there a reason that this feature was changed from previous versions (we last used it in Flex)? Or, the issue that we're wanting to select symbols that were created in ArcGIS Online, not in the WAB?

Can you please also confirm that the only way to zoom to a search result is to click the result, and click 'Zoom To' in the pop-up? A colleague is accustomed to an older version, which zooms to the result automatically when clicked in the search results. Is there a reason for this change?

Thank you,

Sonya

Sonya,

What you all were accustom to in Flex the WAB version should closely mimic but keep in mind that they are two Completely different technologies and the eSearch had to be rewritten from scratch using the JS API, so there are going to be some differences.

The custom symbols available will not overlay neatly on the symbols used in the map

Not sure what you mean by this.

The way Flex allowed for highlighting features with a cyan halo is Not an option in JS.

As far as the zooming to results. You should not have to click the zoom to in the popup for eSearch to zoom to that result. So I am not sure what is going wrong on your end.

Hi Robert,

To help users of our web app, I am including links to the WAB documentation on how to use each widget in my About widget. For example, in addition to a description of the Draw widget, there is a link to Draw widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers, only a locally hosted version on our server using the docs folder from Web AppBuilder. You provide very thorough documentation of your Enhanced Search widget at Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | Help - Enhanced Search widget, and I was wondering if you would allow us to host a version of this documentation on our server?

Thank you for considering this request.

William

William,

Sure. I don't have any issue with that. If you need me to provide a copy though you will have to start a new thread as I can not add attachments to these comments.

Thank you Robert!

I don't think you need to provide a copy. I just went to More tools > Save page as... in Chrome and that seems to have gotten everything (1 HTML + a folder with 2 CSS & 34 PNG files).

William

Robert,

How do I alter or turn off the Map tool tips such as "Click to add a point". The advanced measure widget map tool tip hides the values under the tool tip text. Cant see numbers underneath the tip.

Rich,

Are you asking a question about the advanced measure widget on the eSearch widgets page?

Well,

It has to do with the esearch widget also or any widget tool function with tool tips

Rich,

That would involve editing the jimu/dijit/DrawBox.js

_activate: function(itemIcon){
  var items = query('.draw-item', this.domNode);
  items.removeClass('jimu-state-active');
  html.addClass(itemIcon, 'jimu-state-active');
  var geotype = itemIcon.getAttribute('data-geotype');
  var commontype = itemIcon.getAttribute('data-commontype');
  var tool = Draw[geotype];
  if(geotype === 'TEXT'){
    tool = Draw.POINT;
  }
  this.disableWebMapPopup();
  this.drawToolBar.activate(tool, {showTooltips: false});
  this.emit('draw-activate', tool);
  this.onIconSelected(itemIcon, geotype, commontype);
},

Hi Robert -  have you had any issues with your latest eSearch 2.1.2 and WAB version 2.2 ?

Thanks-

David

Nope. are you?

Not so far thanks.  I was being a bit pre-emptive in case I ran into anything.  I'll let you know for sure.

Hi Robert, (or others who may know answer).

I have an app that was configured with an older version of the eSearch widget (v 1.2.0.1).  We've configured dozens of layers for use with the widget and  I was trying to understand if there is a process  for updating to the newest version of the widget without having to reconfigure all the layers from scratch? I  see that there is "versionmanger.js" file that looks like it must somehow help with this process, but I wasn't totally sure and was looking for more info on if there are any limitations in trying to upgrade versions once you have many layers configured and also some instructions on the steps to do this properly. (Apologies if this was asked and answered earlier, but I could not find an easy way in geonet to search through all the 64 pages of comments associated with the post).

Thanks again for sharing the fruits of your development labor and knowledge with the wider WAB community!

Pascual 

Pascual,

If you start a new app in the newer version that you are wanting to use and get the latest version of the eSearch for that version, you just add the eSearch like you would if you were starting over and make some widget setting change and save you app. This will create the server/apps/[app#]/configs/eSearch/config_Enhanced Search.json file. Now you can close WAB and delete that file and paste the old 1.2 version of the config_Enhanced Search.json into that new wab apps server/apps/[app#]/configs/eSearch/ folder and start WAB again and go to the widget setting dialog and verify that all you old settings and layers are there.

Thanks Robert! That sounds as easy as can be! I will go give it a whirl.

Pascual Benito, PhD

Associate Engineer

Northgate Environmental Management, Inc.

428 13th Street, 4th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612

phone (510) 839-0688, ext. 225; mobile (510) 381-0304; fax (510) 839-4350

www.ngem.com

Certified Bay Area Green Business

Hi Robert,

First of all thanks for all the good work concerning widgets for WAB. The latest one that I would like to use is the eSearch widget, got it running but I am left with one question: Is it possible to use 'all layers' like in the ESRI search widget, instead of selecting layers one by one.

Pieterjan,

No this is not a possibility.

Hi Robert,

Actually, a copy would be helpful. What sort of thread should I start so you can attach the documentation for the enhanced search widget?

William

William,

If you will just start a question in the WAB Custom widgets space:

https://community.esri.com/discussion/create.jspa?suppressMarkQuestion=true&question=true&containerT... 

Kind of the opposite of the question just above? How hard would it be to replace the search box function of the normal search widget with that of the Esearch widget?

James,

Some one in the past asked how to take the search widgets value and launch eSearch with it. Is that sort of what you are after?

Hey Robert,

Thanks for your time, I have done some translating to Dutch in the extensive language file. If you are interested I can send you the translation...

Greetings,

Pieterjan

Pieterjan,

Absolutely I would love to add all the translations I can. The way you can get it to me is start a new discussion:

https://community.esri.com/discussion/create.jspa?containerType=700&containerID=1294 

And click on the advanced editor then you will have the ability to attach a zip to that new thread.

Yes I guess that would work, but wouldn't there have to be a way to select the Layer Field being searched by Esearch in the Search Widget?

James,

True, if you had multiple search layers and did not want to juts search the first configured layer. So I guess the answer is it would involve a bit of development. 

Robert,

I am using version 2.1 and when i start typing in a value instead of selecting from the drop down list for unique fields it is currently auto-populating to whatever field contains that letter or number. Can i have it auto-populate hint limited to "starts with" rather than "contains"?

This is my config:

"expressions": {
"expression": [
{
"alias": "Property Name",
"textsearchlabel": "Property Name",
"values": {
"value": [
{
"fieldObj": {
"name": "Property_Name",
"label": "Property_Name",
"shortType": "string",
"type": "esriFieldTypeString"
},
"valueObj": {
"value": "23-600"
},
"prompt": "Property Name is",
"textsearchhint": "Enter Property Name or choose from list",
"sqltext": "Property_Name = '[value]'",
"operation": "stringOperatorIs",
"uniquevalsfromfield": "Property_Name"
}
]
}

Chad,

Sure that is an option you can change right on the main settings page for the widget "Filter dropdowns using". 

Yep, my eyes skipped right over it. I was thinking the option was in a different section. Thanks again!

Version history
Last update:
‎11-22-2022 07:31 AM
Updated by: