Enhanced Bookmark Widget Version 2.5 - 08/17/17

09-21-2015 02:13 PM
Labels (1)

Enhanced Bookmark Widget Version 2.5 - 08/17/17

Live Preview Site

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | Help - eBookmark Widget

Latest enhancements/fixes:

1. Updated for WAB 2.5
  2. Added the ability to add folders at widget runtime.
  3. Added optional thumbnails to the widget. The thumbnail is only visible after clicking on the preview icon.
  4. Added the ability to capture the map image as the thumbnail.
  5. Added the ability to save your bookmarks as a json file to the client.
  6. Added the ability to load a saved bookmark json file.
  7. Added the ability to export the selected bookmark extent as an app url to be shared with others.

Older enhancements or changes

1. Fix dart theme visibility issue

The Enhanced Bookmark widget stores a collection of map view extents (that is, spatial bookmarks) displayed in the application. It also allows you to create and add your spatial bookmarks through configuration or at run time after the application starts. In addition, if there are any existing bookmarks defined for the web map used in the application, they are automatically used. What the enhanced bookmark widget adds is a hierarchical tree list for organizing your bookmarks in logical folders/groupings. The enhanced bookmark widget also does away with the thumbnails that the standard bookmark widget uses and adds UI enhancements and busy indicator when the map is zooming to the clicked bookmark.

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments

Thank you!

Robert Scheitlin, GISP‌ When I deploy an app with this widget included the thumbnail images dont work.  They work in the builder.  Where does the URL get entered in the code as I think I might need to revise it?

Gareth,

Go to the widgets config.json in the apps configs folder.

Hi Robert, 

I've noticed that when using this widget if I have bookmarks in the widget already then use the 'load bookmark' feature, upon loading a bookmark it deletes all of my previous bookmarks. Is there a solution for this? Great widget regardless! 

-Hayleigh

Hayleigh,

That is actually by design. There is no option to append new bookmarks to the widget just open some saved bookmarks.

hi @RobertScheitlin__GISP , I know i'm about 5 years late to the bookmark party, but love this addon. Question, when I bookmark a section, it doesn't seem to save the layers that are turned on? Is this a setting that I need to address? We have a multidisciplinary team and love the fact that you can export your bookmark to someone else, but I was hoping that they'd be able to import the bookmark and click on it and see the layers that are set as well as the extent.

Is this not possible?  

Thank you! 🙂 

@vblack 

No maintaining layer visibility is Not a feature of this widget.

@RobertScheitlin__GISP oh saaadd 😞 ... but thanks for the reply! i will continue my search for a solution. 

@vblack you can accomplish that through the SaveSession widget...although a blending of the two widgets would be cool.

Anonymous User

@RobertScheitlin__GISP 
I am adding this in the custom widget but it's not added to the web app builder on the enterprise.
Any help?
Follow the same
https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/use/add-custom-widgets.htm

@Anonymous User 

Are the adding the right version of the widget based on the WAB release that you Portal is running.

See the link below to understand that Portal is several releases behind the current WAB release.

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/use/about-versions.htm

Hi Robert,

Really appreciate your contribution to the WAB community. I see many of your widgets advancing the functionality of WAB.

Is there a way to export the configuration work done (say 5 folders and 10 bookmark in each folder) at configuring the wedget.... I want to export that configuration and use that as the default for the next website ebookmark widget configuration.

I'm assuming I'll need to modify the eBookmark files.  I'm not a programmer.  So go easy on me 😃

BTW - I see you can export and import the USER entry bookmarks.  But my question is related to creating a base template for the bookmarks at the config level so users can't delete them.

Thanks!

@RaymondWang ,

If I understand your question correctly then what you need to do if complete your widget configuration (as you have done) and then copy the widgets config_eBookmark.json (i.e. location [WAB install folder]\server\apps\[app#]\configs\eBookmark\config_eBookmark.json). Then rename it config.json when you paste it into the [WAB install folder]\client\stemapp\widgets\eBookmark folder. Now any new app you create will have all the bookmarks you configured earlier. If I have misunderstood the question then let me know.

That is perfect! Thank you so much!

Hi Robert, this tool looks great. I was curious if one of several users creates a bookmark if it is available to others who use the widget?

@AdCulver 

When I user adds a bookmark live that bookmark is stored locally on that machine, so No it is not available to other users. But if the application configurer adds a bookmark in WAB Dev then that bookmark is added at the application level and all users of the application will see it.

@RobertScheitlin__GISP 

Thank you very much. To your knowledge has something like shared bookmarks ever been developed in WAB?

No. I have not seen anything like that as it would take a FeatureService (i.e. editing) to store the bookmark and make them accessible to others.

@RobertScheitlin__GISP ,

This is very helpful widget. Thank you.

Is there a version for 3D scenes?

@MichaelLev No this widget is available for 3D.

Version history
Last update:
‎09-21-2015 02:13 PM
Updated by: