EditTable Table Editing Widget for Web App Builder 2.5+

06-22-2018 01:41 PM
AdamDrackley
Occasional Contributor III

Hey all, hope things are well.  I've been working on a widget to allow for editing tables in the Web App Builder via the Attribute Table widget, and I've got a promising prototype working in the repo below.  I hope to continue improving this tool in the future, but it's a good start so far.  Testing on versions above 2.5 would be appreciated.

GitHub - cmndrbensisko/EditTable: The EditTable Widget for ArcGIS Web AppBuilder allows for editing ... 

Note that this widget requires the use of the LocalLayer widget to add Table sublayers in FeatureServices to your map as Feature Layers.  More information about this widget below.

https://community.esri.com/thread/119548-locallayerwidget-and-accessifizrwidget 

Look forward to your feedback!

14 Replies
SamSimpson
New Contributor III

Thank you for the reply, I think I've been going about this the wrong way? I'm looking for table edits to directly affect my spatial layer e.g. the status field in a table changes creating the symbology of the feature to change. I have been loading my spatial layer, and therefore the layers table I would like to edit, into the LocalLayer widget. Now I'm understanding this as: I should have a standalone table for the tool to work.

I have been loading my feature into the LocalLayer widget and still receive the 'Table is either not a table or not editable' warning. 

I was hoping to find a tool a little more intuitive than the standard edit widgets provided but I might need to keep searching.

0 Kudos
JBald
by
New Contributor III

I just got it to work.   I could not use the attribute table of the feature Service that I hosted in AGOL.  I had to export a copy of that table as a stand alone table to edit it.  

0 Kudos
SamSimpson
New Contributor III

I was able to use the widget finally, I'm using Portal and had a few more hoops to jump through.

I was hoping for an alternative to the Smart Editor widget which works fine but not totally intuitive for outside users. I did not understand that this widget was for use solely with a table even though I read the readme file. Maybe I can create a view layer with my data to use this tool but still see changes reflected in the symbology of the map?

Anyway, the tool is working as advertisted for basic edits in the table.

0 Kudos
JuliusBudrevicius
New Contributor

Hi SamSimpson. Could you share how did you make it work? I have the same issue getting message "Current AttributeTable Table is either Not a Table or Not Editable".

0 Kudos
BenjaminGrover
New Contributor II

I'm new to utilizing custom widgets, so looking for some help.  I'm trying to implement this Widget on my external web server, with my Portal, and then accessing it through WAB via Portal.  I've downloaded the LocalLayer-2.5 Widget as well,  and they both seemed to register successfully with my server.  They appear in the widget list when I am building a new Web Application using the WAB, but when I try to add the widget, it just spins.  Anyone have any ideas as to what I'm missing?  Is there a version of WAB Dev that you need to have? Does it not work with WAB on Portal, and only WAB Developers Edition?  I'm running Dev Version 2.11, so assuming since the Widget's version reads "2.5+", that it should be compatible.  I've updated the code per the ReadMe file with the LocalLayer widget.. Still nothing.  Tried using the files with the updated code on the Portal/Web server to host the widgets and still no luck.

0 Kudos