Edit / Add point features based on absolute xy

11-06-2015 03:11 AM
GIS_Administratorat_RWE
New Contributor III

Hi there,

could someone point me to a solution that enables adding a point to a point feature service based on entering absolute xy? E.g. I get cords of a lost anchor, I start editing of the feature in AGOL web app and than I want to add the point by entering the coords...

Thanks

Felix

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

this has been asked a couple of times and I have not seen any code or widgets that will support absolute XY feature editing.

0 Kudos
JuliaGuard
Esri Contributor

Hey Felix and Robert,

There's a way to do this now using out-of-the-box widgets in Web AppBuilder; you will need both the Search & the Situational Awareness widgets in your application.

1. In the search widget, type in your XY coordinates. When the location is found on the map, choose the option to set the search result as the Incident Location for the Situational Awareness widget.

2. In the configuration of the Situational Awareness widget, enable the option to Save for the point layer where you want to be able to input an absolute XY in order to add a new point.

3. When the XY is located on the map and set as the Incident Location, you can use the 'Save' functionality to apply the edit directly to your hosted feature service

Here are a couple of screen shots that might help:

0 Kudos