Direction Widget is not showing the Addresses.

01-08-2019 06:06 AM
SivaramKrishnan2
New Contributor III

Hi

I am creating a Direction Widget in WAB 2.6.(JS API 3.22) There i'm giving input stops but in the route results, i could see latitude and longitudes instead of addresses as shown in the below screenshots.

i have used the following line of code to configure my locator tool, previously it worked fine but suddenly the same code is not giving the addresses.

I republished my locator service and rebuild the locator but still i'm getting the same coordinates as the result.

can anyone help me to resolve this.

Thanks & Regards

Siva

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Siva,

It sounds like the output field name(s) changed for your Geocode service then. Can you do a geocode on your services rest endpoint (just in the web browser) and post a screenshot of the results for review. Normally the address that is show in the directions widget comes from the Match_addr field in the results, so if that field is not present or is spelled differently this would explain the widget falling back to the coordinate instead.

0 Kudos
SivaramKrishnan2
New Contributor III

Robert, 

Thank you for the response. Please see the screen shots attached. here i mentioned the distance as 10000 from my rest endpoint. for the default value 100 it is responding with invalid query parameters but for 1000 it is giving the mentioned output(2nd image).

Note: from my observation direction widget is not taking the parameter specified in the locator configuration, rather it is taking the default value 100.

Thanks 

Siva

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Siva,

Open your browsers debug tools and go to the network tab and then use the widget to set a stop and you will find in the network tab the actual request that is being sent to your server. Check what the distance parameter in the url is actually set to.

0 Kudos
SivaramKrishnan2
New Contributor III

Robert

This was the query sent to the server from the application.

Thanks

Siva

0 Kudos