Deploy Custom widgets on Windows 10

Jump to solution
06-30-2020 02:58 AM
AmineMarkaoui
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I have developed some widgets on WAB (Developer Edition) and I want to deploy them to our Arcgis Online portal, 

currently I am using windows 10 which it is my development environment and I want it also for the moment to be my production environment. 

I have found this link providing the requirements for the server to be used to publish the widgets:

Add custom widgets—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

1st Question: Can I use a windows 10 instead of a windows server ?

2nd: Is there any resource where to find the steps listed above practically executed ?

thank you in advance

Rebecca Strauch, GISPRobert Scheitlin, GISP

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Amine,

If you are able to install Portal on that machine, then yes.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Amine,

Deploying custom widgets to AGOL is NOT a supported workflow. Custom widget can only be used in WAB Developer or on premise Portal (Enterprise ArcGIS).

AmineMarkaoui
New Contributor

Thank you mister Robert,

In case I want to deploy custom widgets on Portal, is that possible even though I'm using a win 10 ?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Amine,

If you are able to install Portal on that machine, then yes.

AmineMarkaoui
New Contributor

thank you mister Robert,

Actually I am bit confused, Is it impossible for me to use custom widgets on AGOL and I am obligated to work JUST with what is already there ?

If it possible but there is some downsides, can you tell me about them so I can get a clearer idea?

thank you for your time

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Actually I am bit confused, Is it impossible for me to use custom widgets on AGOL and I am obligated to work JUST with what is already there ?

As I stated already yes you are limited to what is available out of the box when using AGOL. Custom widget are only available for WAB Developer edition and Portal.