Customize Larry Stout WelWhatDisHelpAbout Widget

Jump to solution
11-05-2015 07:51 AM
TerryGustafson
Occasional Contributor II

I was wondering if anyone has done any customization of this widget?  I'm trying to figure out how to do the following.  when I click on the help button it opens the welcome screen.  Then before I can access the help for the widgets I have to close that window and reopen it.  I would like the help for the widgets the first time I open the help widget.  TIA

Terry

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TerryGustafson

I had to add true to this line the WelWhatDisHelpAbout.js file.

'WelWhatDisHelpAbout/open', lang.hitch(this, '_openThisWidget', true));

View solution in original post

13 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I know Larry isn't on GeoNet as much as he was, but doesn't hurt to tag him too Larry Stout

TerryGustafson

How do I do that?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Oh sorry Terry.....I did that in the above message.  The way to tag someone in GeoNet is to start by typing the "@" sign and then their name....with an _ between the names.  You can also do that to cross post in other areas with a group or place name instead.

So to tag you   Terry Gustafson

Just info for the future.

By the way, I have links to many of Larry's tools, including the Anvil tool.  I would look into some of those and the help he provides in links.

Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List

Which you probably have already looked at, but doesn't hurt to include it again.

TerryGustafson

Oh ok, thanks for the tip..

0 Kudos
SallyCobb
New Contributor

Hi Terry,

I have been playing around with this widget for the last couple of weeks and what I did was remove the line of code under WidgetHelp in the strings.js file that says:

WidgetHelpLocked: "Widget Help: Not available during start up.",

It was line 106.

Hope this works for you too.

Sally

TerryGustafson

I tried it but it did not work for me..  Thanks for the info though..

0 Kudos
TerryGustafson

It must be some setting as when you open Larry's some of the help menus are available and then when you select continue the rest of them become available.

ArcGIS Web Application

0 Kudos
TerryGustafson

I had to add true to this line the WelWhatDisHelpAbout.js file.

'WelWhatDisHelpAbout/open', lang.hitch(this, '_openThisWidget', true));

FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

Terry Gustafson,

Have you got this working on 1.3? I have downloaded the code and made the amendments above but it appears like so. I need to configure it so it sits inside the help widget box.

0 Kudos