Customize 'Home' widget for each user

05-17-2016 02:03 PM
RogerF
by
Occasional Contributor

I need to develop a widget which can save extent(home) of webmap for each logged in user in database table. So whenever user clicks on 'Home' button, saved extent from database table can be extracted and webmap needs to be zoomed. Is there any widget that does that ? What is the way to save data from javascript ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I would take a look at Larry Stout​ 's custom apps Larrys Custom WAB Widgets and More

If you check out his live preview and go to the Wha't's new page, you will see a user's preference reference

which might be what you are looking for.

I know Larry has changed jobs and is not necessarily working on this project anymore, and it may need some tweaks to work with the latest WAB, but he has quite a bit of information available on using his custom environment, so worth a look.

For this and other custom widgets, you may want to checkout my Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List​      I typically keep it up to date, in not necessarily well formatted due to limited time.

RogerF
by
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for you response Rebecca.

My requirement is to save that information in database table. Is there any widget which saves and retrieves information from database table (sql/oracle) ?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Not that I can think of offhand, but that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't on out there...or something that could be adapted.

0 Kudos
RogerF
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Rebecca. After discussing it with my team, we have decided to develop a web service which will save app and map states information (extent, definition query, graphics etc) in database.

0 Kudos