Configuring custom widgets

Jump to solution
08-05-2015 09:21 AM
LakshmananVenkatesan
Occasional Contributor II

All,

I am newbie (started today) on WAB. Its very interesting to see so many functionalities and tools ready available. I have downloaded couple of widgets and am trying to configure them in application . I am still going to through all the all links , if any one provide a link to configure custom widget that would be handy. Thanks again.

Example: I have downloaded MapProgress widget as first widget. I have copied the folder in application (called "7"). Restarted the startup.bat.

But still I am not able to see Map progress widget under widgets. I am missing some steps? Any help

C:\arcgis-web-appbuilder-1.1\arcgis-web-appbuilder-1.1\server\apps\7\widgets\MapProgress

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hi S R,

If you haven't seen it already, my post Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List​ will give you links to many of the widgets available, and various other help docs, etc.

Tips for using the custom LocalLayer widget with WAB-Dev edition​ might give you some help if working with that widget, although it may be a little outdated.  Once verion 1.2 is out and I start testing everything myself, I will be trying to update my docs.

Also, Using the Web AppBuilder​ is a very detailed documment showing many aspects of WAB and using custom widgets.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hi S R,

If you haven't seen it already, my post Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List​ will give you links to many of the widgets available, and various other help docs, etc.

Tips for using the custom LocalLayer widget with WAB-Dev edition​ might give you some help if working with that widget, although it may be a little outdated.  Once verion 1.2 is out and I start testing everything myself, I will be trying to update my docs.

Also, Using the Web AppBuilder​ is a very detailed documment showing many aspects of WAB and using custom widgets.