Authentication through ArcGIS Online for customized Web Apps

01-07-2015 08:23 AM
TobiasFimpel1
Occasional Contributor III

This isn't directly about Widgets, but a somewhat related question: I would like to host a customized Web Application made via the javascript web app builder on my own web server, yet allow users of my organization to seamlessly authenticate through the ArcGIS Online Platform.

The ideal workflow would be: User logs into my ArcGIS Online organizational account --> finds the app item (basically a reference to the web apps URL)  in a group he has access to --> gets redirected to that URL --> does NOT need to sign in again to ArcGIS Online via this dialog that opens. Capture.JPG

I researched ESRI documentation, tried a whole lot of things related to registering apps in ArcGIS Online to get the appid etc., but can't figure it out. The Web App builder seems to be designed to provide a mechanism to do that, though, via the config.json's appid and portalurl variables. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
shafitrumboo
New Contributor III

I want to have same work flow but instead of using Arcgis online home page I want to use my own and list all item assigned to him

Please look at Second login prompts while authenticating arcgis online with oAuth

0 Kudos
AlexMahrou
Occasional Contributor

What's the proper configuration for proxy.config and config.json for a self-hosted Web AppBuilder fo...

The above post will answer your question and provide you with some options to Build a web app builder app and deploy on-premise utlizing only your web servers authentication -- bypassing AGOL's.