Anvil Widget Question

06-04-2016 06:14 PM
TimHayes1
Occasional Contributor III

Headless? Invisible? Sounds intriguing. Has anyone used this custom widget by Larry? If yes, how/what have you used it for? I cannot find any examples.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Tim,

It might be a good idea to tag Larry Stout​ and post a link to his widgets page: Larrys Custom WAB Widgets and More

Maybe he can chime in on example pages for Anvil?

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

Larry provides to widgets that show the use of the anvil widget:

Anvil Map Tips Widget Version 1.1, May 25, 2015

Anvil Bookmarks Widget Version 1.1, June 11, 2015 

LefterisKoumis

Hello Robert. Do you know I can get Larry's widgets? All the link I tried so far do not work.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lefteris,

No, I don't have access to them anymore either. Maybe someone downloaded them and share the downloaded file with you though.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

As mention in the comments for my resource list, I think I have downloaded them all...just want to check to see if we have permission.  If Larry says fine, I'll try to get them all uploaded.

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis

ok. thank you.

0 Kudos
RyanKelso

Robert pointed out the map tips example - I use it for map tips in my app.  I like the idea of using an "invisible" widget to invoke customizations instead of modifying the core app files.

deleted-user-CQZbjNeBXm49

Hi All,

As anyone used this "Anvil Widget" for the "WelWhatDisHelpAbout Widget" only to trigger it at start up as I have tried with no success......

Baba

0 Kudos