Add Shapefile Widget

07-30-2015 03:25 PM
NathanStrout2
New Contributor III

Hi all, I just put together a quick widget for adding a zipped shapefile to a webmap as a new operational layer. This is very helpful with custom geoprocessing services that need a feature/operational layer as input. I essentially just wrapped the AddShapefile jsapi sample from Esri so the interface is pretty simple so you can customize the html as needed.

You can download or fork it on GitHub: https://github.com/URSpatial/WAB_AddShapefile

Happy mapping!

28 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Antoine,

Please see this blog post, What’s New in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (December 2016) | ArcGIS Blog 

I never mentioned KML in my previous posts.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
AntoineBartholomew
New Contributor III

Derek

This looks great, where can I find the newly updated Add Data widget?  Can you provide a URL?  

0 Kudos
AntoineBartholomew
New Contributor III

Is the newly updated add data widget found here:   https://github.com/URSpatial/WAB_AddShapefile

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Antonie,

Derek is talking about the OTB WAB AddData widget. not a custom widget.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Antoine,

As rscheitlin‌ indicated is his post, the core "Add Data" widget now includes the ability to add local shapefiles. Please review the blog post I referenced previously.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
AntoineBartholomew
New Contributor III

Thanks,

I'll need to download the new WAB v2.3 to access the updated Add Data widget... 

0 Kudos
BenCurry2
New Contributor

Thanks for clarifying that the latest "Add Data" widget has the ability to add local shapefiles. Can you please list exactly what versions of each ESRI software component needs to be installed in order to access the latest version of this widget? Is it just the WAB v2.3 that needs to be upgraded? I work in a corporate setting that has licencing for all the latest ESRI software releases as needed. We have tried downloading the latest updates but it seems that in the Web Mapping Application in Portal for ArcGIS the "Add Data" widget remains as the "old version" which only allows for upload of web services and layers without the option to add local shapefiles.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ben,

On premise Portal is always 2 version behind the current release of WAB. What that means is that Portal 10.5.1 will have WAB version 2.3.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Ben,

What release of Portal for ArcGIS are you using? As Robert Scheitlin, GISP‌ commented, typically the version of Web AppBuilder included with Portal is slightly behind in functionality compared to Web AppBuilder in ArcGIS Online.

FYI, Portal for ArcGIS 10.5.1 includes Web AppBuilder v2.4.

I suggest that you download and use Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Developer Edition with your Portal instance. So you can leverage the lastst functionality with your GIS assets.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
BenCurry2
New Contributor

Thanks so much for the response Robert and Derek, we now have version 10.5.1 installed and running. I just got the chance to publish a quick web map to test the new Add Data widget, I uploaded a zipped shapefile but get the following error "Generate Features error: Unexpected: no hosting server available." The same error mentioned in the following post (https://community.esri.com/thread/204102-error-on-add-data-widget ) from last week. Any thoughts? Thanks again.

0 Kudos