add item to a layer

Jump to solution
03-10-2017 04:02 AM
SaraEL_MALKI
Occasional Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I am new to arcGIS Online (WAB developer edition) and I am searching for the ability of adding a widget that allows me to ADD items to layers, as an example: I have a layer of shcools and I want to add each time new schools with their PROPRITIES(name, number of students, class, etc) to my layer within the applisation and then export the new layer after modification, Is it possible ?

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS‌ https://community.esri.com/groups/web-app-builder-custom-widgets?sr=search&searchId=8a2d9ae0-c817-4f...

best regards,

Sara

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sara,

The OOTB way to do this if create a FeatureService on your ArcGIS Server or your AGOL. You then use the edit widget or smart editor.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sara,

The OOTB way to do this if create a FeatureService on your ArcGIS Server or your AGOL. You then use the edit widget or smart editor.

SaraEL_MALKI

Thank you Robert, I'll search more about the FeatureService on AGOL,

best regards

0 Kudos
SaraEL_MALKI

Is exporting edited layer is possible ?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sara,

I would think about handling at the AGOL level. But there are some options  like using a export data GP service in the GP widget.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sara,

> Is exporting edited layer is possible?

This may depend on the security settings enabled on the feature service you're editing.

FYI, the Analysis widget has an Extract data tool. Learn more,

Perform analysis—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Hope this helps,