Add Data in Web AppBuilder

06-29-2015 11:04 AM
CarlosPiccirillo
New Contributor III

I'm a newbie with about 2 months experience using Web AppBuilder and was wondering if anyone has an "Add Data" widget similar to what is available in Web Maps.

I haven't found anything about it in my searches and it seems odd to me that this basic functionality is not an out of the box widget.

Thanks,

Carlos

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If you haven't already checked Web AppBuilder Developer Edition – Customization Resource List​  You can check there for the custom apps that are available.

One of the links is Add Service Widget 1.1.3   which may be what you are looking for.

CarlosPiccirillo
New Contributor III

Rebecca,

Thanks for the reply, that was one of the first places I looked in.

Carlos

0 Kudos
CarlosPiccirillo
New Contributor III

Thanks, that was the first place I looked. Just can’t believe it is not a built in, out of the box functionality in Web AppBuilder.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Carlos, I noticed you started another thread with the same question.  You should be able to share it to Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS​  instead of starting the new thread.  I would recommend keeping it all in one place.  if you think this thread is better suited for that space you can also move it.  Moving Content

0 Kudos
CarlosPiccirillo
New Contributor III

Sorry for the double post, someone else replied and told me I should be posting to the Web AppBuilder form, not where I posted it initially.

0 Kudos
CarlosPiccirillo
New Contributor III

I removed the duplicate post, thanks.

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Carlos,

Are you talking about this on ArcGIS online?

0 Kudos
CarlosPiccirillo
New Contributor III

Rickey,

ArcGIS online has the capability but Web AppBuilder does not. We are creating custom Web apps using Web AppBuilder and need to give the users the ability to add their own data. There is no out of the box widget for this in Web AppBuilder and haven’t found anything about it in my searches.

0 Kudos
CarlosPiccirillo
New Contributor III

The Add Data button is only available in AGOL, not Web AppBuilder online or developer edition.

0 Kudos