What widget do you want most

08-05-2014 05:45 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I have been working on a few custom widgets for the Web App Builder, but I would like some input as to what widget/functionality people are wanting most.

The WAB has several great OTB widgets but what (realistic) widgets are missing and would be (in your opinion) great to have?

221 Replies
BrianOevermann
Occasional Contributor III

Robert,

Thanks for the comment regarding printing with WAB. And sorry for the minor thread hijack...

JohnRogers1
New Contributor

Batch geocoding widget

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

1. An improved printing widget would be greatly appreciated.

2. A layer list with the ability to group layers as well.

BrennaSterling
New Contributor II

Need a widget that allows user to select a parcel and then buffer it a specified distance and then export the corresponding selected attributes to a csv or txt or some like format?  Our planners need this to generate address labels for land use notifications. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

The eSearch fits that bill perfectly.

0 Kudos
BrennaSterling
New Contributor II

Thank you I will check it out!

0 Kudos
NolanAlbarelli
New Contributor III

I would love to see two widgets:

A widget that shows GIS data in ur WWROOT folder.  So for example, If I drop a folder (with a shapefile, or GBD) into a specific folder, you can access it in the app.

Also, a better "Add Data" widget.  One that supports the adding of REST endpoints, Shapefiles, and GDB's. (with option to add layer to your layer list)

AdamDrackley
Occasional Contributor III

Nolan Albarelli wrote:

I would love to see two widgets:

A widget that shows GIS data in ur WWROOT folder.  So for example, If I drop a folder (with a shapefile, or GBD) into a specific folder, you can access it in the app.

Also, a better "Add Data" widget.  One that supports the adding of REST endpoints, Shapefiles, and GDB's. (with option to add layer to your layer list)

This would effectively replace ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Server with a web app, which is a scary thought.  Any javascript gurus know how to crack open and view/edit a GDB?

LeoLadefian5
Occasional Contributor II

There is an add shapefile widget already out there if you do a search, and it seems the new version of WAB 2.1 has an add data button.  Isn't an SDE feature service the same thing as editing a GDB?

NolanAlbarelli
New Contributor III

After reviewing some other input, I would agree on an "Enhanced Layer List" widget.  One that supports groupings of layers by tabs or some other clever way.