Roberts Custom WAB Widgets

12-31-2014 11:28 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
475 Replies
DavidDas__GISP
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Barnaby,

You are correct. The Google Street View Widget 1.1 is not working in IE for me either.

I made a test case here:

http://www.tapasdas.com/Maps/Phones/app16/

When I try to run this application in IE and activate the Google Street View Widget, I get this error message:

checkForSVpano: ‘console’ is undefined

However, as you said, this works fine in Chrome and Firefox.

Best regards,

Tapas Das

GIS Programmer/Analyst

Maricopa County

0 Kudos
BarnabyRockwell
Regular Contributor

Hi Tapas,

Yep, that's the error I get.

Cheers,

Barnaby

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Guys not sure what issue you are running into then. I just tested my live preview site in IE 11 with out issue as seen here:

Preview.jpg

Are you guys talking about running the street view widget from an app that has not been deployed yet and is still running in NodeJS?

EDIT: Nope I tested it in a non deployed app in NodeJS using IE 11 and it was fine too.

0 Kudos
DavidDas__GISP

Hi Robert,

I am getting the error message on IE 9. Perhaps this is fixed in IE 11.

I am including a screenshot.

This happens when you try to drag the Google Pegman Tool on to a street.

No, I am not running the application from within the Web AppBuilder. I have downloaded the app as a ZIP file and deployed it on my test server:

http://www.tapasdas.com/Maps/Phones/app19/

Thanks,

Tapas

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tapas,

Opening the developer tools in IE (F12) what document mode are you seeing?

Preview.jpg

0 Kudos
DavidDas__GISP

Robert,

When I press to open Developer Tools, I see that the Document Mode = IE9 Standards

Thanks,

Tapas

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tapas,

OK, I did some research and IE (the usual culprit) does not recognize console unless the developer tools window is already open. So a quick fix is to open StreetView.html and comment out any console.info lines I have in the code. I will get this fixed for the next release.

DavidDas__GISP

Robert,

Your Google Street View Widget works just fine in IE9 using your FlexViewer Version within a FlexViewer 3.6 template.

http://www.tapasdas.com/Maps/Desktops/web8/

Thanks,

Tapas Das

GIS Programmer/Analyst

Maricopa County

0 Kudos
BarnabyRockwell
Regular Contributor

Robert,

In IE11 main browser window, I get Edge (default) just like you.  In the pop-up window, I get this:

Untitled.jpg

Edit:  Yep, there was one un-commented console.info line.  Once that was commented out, the error goes away and all is good. 

0 Kudos
BarnabyRockwell
Regular Contributor

Robert,

Since I installed StreetView 1.1, I have noticed this weirdness in the panorama display in IE11.  Note displacement of navigation tools at upper left.  I notice from your image posted above that you don't have this issue in IE.

Untitled.jpg

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Barnaby

0 Kudos