Print widget problem

01-17-2019 12:26 AM
JohnLocke1
New Contributor III

Hi!

I have a problem with print widget. It only works with Openstreetmap basemap.

"Error executing tool. Export Web Map Task : Failed to create layer from service at ...

I found this help: Error: Error executing tool.: Layer "layername": Unable to connect to map server at http://server/pa... , i have tried solutions, but it still not working. Can somebody help me?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

John,

1. Are you using Vector Basemaps?
  2. What version of WAB?
0 Kudos
JohnLocke1
New Contributor III

Hi Robert!

1. I don't think so. I use standard ESRI basemaps, such as streets, topographic, natgeo, etc.

2. The latest, 2.11

0 Kudos
JohnLocke1
New Contributor III

I have an idea, but i am interesting in your opinion. Server machine where portal and ArcGIS server are installed has strong firewall options. I have opened ports yet, but the ArcGIS Server account which was created through the server installation has NO internet access. Can it solve the problem, if the machine administrator give internet access to this arcgis server account?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

John,

You should check the ArcGIS Server logs that will give you some clue to what is going wrong. So are you saying that Portal has internet access and ArcGIS server does not?

0 Kudos
JohnLocke1
New Contributor III

I can sign in to ArcGIS Server with my primary site admin account, access servicies, etc, my print utility works well (no error, when no basemap). But when I installed it, I creat an ArcGIS Server account, which is a windows user, if i know well. But when I try to open Internet Exlplorer with "run as a different user" option, and type the server account and pwd I cannot access internet. (with default user i can). Should I give internet access to this user?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

John,

Sounds like a good starting place.

0 Kudos
JohnLocke1
New Contributor III

Sorry for the late reaction, but the security is so complex in our company, just now has the arcgis user (ArcGIS Server Account) internet connection, and it's solve the print widget problem, now it's working with all basemaps. Thank for your help.