Is there a widget to show a log of communication associated with a specified point?

03-23-2023 07:45 AM
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I'm wondering if there is a way for a user to put in a point on a Web AppBuilder map, and then on a side panel let them put in chat and email communications. Ideally, this side panel would let the user continually update this log of communication with in-bound and out-bound messages. Though, I really don't know how this would be stored on a database side. Any direction on this would be helpful! 

I imagine I would create this custom widget in WAB Developer Edition, and likely the latest update that recently came out - 2.27. Unless something like Experience Builder could handle this. Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

@AdrianWelsh ,

With AppBuilder and Javascript API 3.x being retired in July 2024, I would use Experience Builder.

You could save your chats to a database table and connect them together using a 1:M relationship class through a static Global ID on the point feature to a GUID on each chat thread.  In Experience builder, you can connect widgets together using actions as outlined in the ESRI document Add and connect widgets.

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Lance,

Thanks for the response. That makes sense about a separate database table. I suppose it's time for me to start exploring the world of experience builder! Though, I am hesitant...

0 Kudos