Enhanced Search Widget Version 1.2.0.3

10-14-2015 01:21 AM
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

Hello Robert,

Please find my application's config_Enhanced Search.json, as you requested. I have no clue what is wrong.

Lara

Tags (1)
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lara,

So the way you have the widget configured is part of the issue.

1. The definition expression in the eSearch is identical to ArcMap, meaning that it is the first SQL statement that is applied to the search that limits the results. So have 1=1 is counter productive and unnecessary. Only use the definition expression when you have SQL that you want to use to limit the search results in a way that the user can not change. An example would be "definitionexpression": "ZONING_TYPE = 'RESIDENTIAL'" like the example config that is provided with the widget for the Louisville Zoning search layer.

I will have to fix the widget in the next release to allow for numeric field to be empty. Currently if a string field is left empty then it is not used in the final SQL that is sent to the server but numeric field are acting differently. I will fix that so that you can leave then empty as well.

0 Kudos
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your response Robert. I've been waiting anxiously for the sun to rise on your side of the globe. We've been up for several hours here.

I decided to leave the Definition Expression blank. I hope that is alright?

I will wait with bated breath for the new version, where you allow for numeric fields to be empty. That is the only thing delaying the launch of my application. As soon as that function is available/enabled, I'm good to go.

At the risk of sounding impatient. When do you think you might be able to make the fix? I know you only just released version 1.2.0.4 yesterday. Thank you so much for this awesome widget.

Lara

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lara,

Yes leaving the definition expression empty should be the default. I will likely release 1.2.0.5 latter this week, as I have a few other things I have fixed as well.

0 Kudos
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Awesome!!!

Thank you!

0 Kudos