Any new Custom WAB Widgets?

Jump to solution
11-14-2016 11:15 PM
TimHayes1
Occasional Contributor III

I think working with custom WAB Widgets made by others inside the WAB DE is more fun than playing in the sandbox when I was a kid. 

I am not seeing many new custom WAB Widgets being developed. I have successfully tested and fooled around with all of the widgets made by Robert Scheitlin and Larry Stout.

Are there any others out there? Anyone working on any interesting Custom WAB Widgets?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies
BabatopeAdebajo
New Contributor III

Hi Tim,

where you successful in implementing Larry's WelAboutHelp widget?

regards

Baba

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

There comes a point as a custom widget developer that you have to decide "Can I afford to add another widget that I will support when it comes to new releases and issues". There are several widgets that I would like to develop and release but, I just don't have the time to develop and support another one right now.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim, are you offering?  As Robert mentioned, with development and release comes some support expectations.  Larry developed some great widgets/GUI options Larrys Custom WAB Widgets and More , but then he of course changed jobs and no longer had the time.  It would be great if someone had the time to pick up the support and release of these.  I don't think Larry_Stout would have an issue with this.  Just a thought if you are looking for a project to take on.

TimHayes1
Occasional Contributor III

I am still very much a newby at Javascript and am in the same position as Robert. I just do not have the time. Just thought I would ask out of curiosity. Thank you for the responses.

0 Kudos