07-14-2014 03:57 PM
Labels (1)

Enhanced Search Widget Version 2.23.1 - 11/22/22

Live Preview Site

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | Help - Enhanced Search widget

List of the latest enhancements and changes:

1. Fixed issue with Spatial Relationship settings

Older enhancements or changes

Check the "Older enhancements or changes.txt" in the download for a complete list.

Older Versions

Last 2.21 version

Last 2.17 version

Last 2.13 version

Last 2.12 version

Last 2.11 version

Last 2.9 version

Last 2.7 version

Last 2.6 version

Last 2.5 version

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments

Hi Robert
Can you point me to  where @KeithMiller3  created the moveable popup?

Thanks!

Thank you Robert.  I didn't know you could have two widgets open at the start.

In the esearch tool, when I do a selection by shape and I choose a polygon layer and a point, it selects the polygon correctly.  However when I click the buffer checkbox and use 500 ft as the buffer, instead of selecting the polygon and then buffering the polygon by 500ft, it buffers the point by 500 ft.  Is there a way to first do the selection and then do the buffer?

@PriscillaThoopthong 

The workflow for what you are describing is to select the polygon using the point drawn and then switch to the By Spatial tab and buffer there and set the search features from to your desired search layer and click your desired spatial relationship button.

Thank you so much!

@zrs  and @KristinaMarkocevic 

This 2.23 release addressed some issue with relates. You should give it a try.

All,

I am looking for PUBLIC WAB websites that are using my eSearch widget so that I can use your eSearch widgets config file in my testing for my Experience Builder version of eSearch. If you have a public WAB site that is using eSearch and you are willing please post a reply with your url. I appreciate you assistance in this. Robert 

Here you go.
https://maps.co.lincoln.wi.us/GISViewer/
Thanks for all you do Robert!

Here's ours, Robert. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help! We sure appreciate your widgets 🙂

https://maps-sevierut.hub.arcgis.com/apps/9f70ecddd9bb4014aead37198ed9659d/explore 

Hi Robert, I was just wondering if you or anyone else has noticed the difference in the way the TAB key filters through the dijits in the newer versions of WAB and the eSearch widget? And if anyone has a solution. @RobertScheitlin__GISP 

Newer versions of WAB with eSearch:

1st dijit selected and active.1st dijit selected and active.Tab key pressed.Tab key pressed.

Older versions:

Older WAB versions 1st dijit selected and active.Older WAB versions 1st dijit selected and active.Tab key pressed selects the next dijit..Tab key pressed selects the next dijit..

This is obviously something that has changed in the WAB versions and doesn't appear to be theme based. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

@MartinOwens1  I have seen this issue and spent some time investigating, but never came up with a solution. I could never figure out what changed in WAB.

@NormB  and @PamBlackmore  Thanks so much for your help. It has proven very useful in my development efforts.

Is there any way to group searches together?  For example, I have several searches that all use different map layers in a map service called Water.  I would like to have a drop down that let's the user choose Water, and then another dropdown under that that would show all of the available searches from the Water service.  Is this possible?

@PriscillaThoopthong No that does not exist in the widget.

Anonymous User

Hi Robert,

I have been utilizing your awesome widget for sometime in my application, and this week I needed to get in and make some other changes to the app, however, when I go to republish the site, it looks like the esearch widget is failing on a couple of my searches. The error I get is search failed! and I have not changed the criteria so I am not sure what is causing the issue. I looked at the errors in the Chrome developer tools and that was not much help (at least to me :)). Any ideas what I may be missing?

Here is the web service it is using:

https://slco.org/slcogis/rest/services/Surveyor/SurveyMonumentWAB/MapServer/2

elamunyon_0-1651071029840.png

@Anonymous User  Have you made an schema changes to the service (i.e. deleted/added/renamed a field)?

Example public WAB site -  my old site with eSearch is public www.sagis.org/map 

@KevinMacLeodEV   Thanks

Robert,

We are using your search widget for Subdivisions, Parcels, etc.  Some of our Subdivisions have apostrophes in the name and when doing the search if the apostrophe is included the search fails.  I'm guessing it has something to do with it being a symbol making the search error out, but I just wanted to double check to see if that is case or something else.

Also, you have the ability to Save the results to My Content.  Have you ever thought about putting in an option to save to CSV (like the attribute table does)?  Thinking for maps that are shared to everyone and being used by the public or staff with no login credentials.

@LindseyStone

Apostrophes should not be an issue as the eSearch will escape those when it submits the value to the search. CSV export is already an option you just need to enable it in the widgets settings. Which version of WAB and eSearch are you using?

@LindseyStone  I see my issue with apostrophes now. In the widget.js replace this line

criteriaFromValue = queryExpr.replace(myPattern, content[s].value.toString());

with this:

criteriaFromValue = queryExpr.replace(myPattern, content[s].value.toString().replace(/'/g, "''"));

Only seems to be an issue when the search is configured for "string contains"

@RobertScheitlin__GISP 

That did the trick on apostrophes.  Thanks for the quick fix on that.

For the CSV.  I looked again since you said it is there and I must have looked over that a million times for that check box. Found it and works perfectly.

Thanks!

Robert,

Great tool as always. I am a bit new to modifying and standing up alternative versions of this widget so apologies in advance. If i wanted to hard code my values like you did for Louisville zoning and or Traffic cameras, so that if i deployed this out on portal, it would have all the values and expressions built into it already, how would i do that? I assumed i would just replace the layers in the main config.json file and make sure my layers are sourced correctly. I did this, adding them as a test to below Counties in lines 559 but not seeing anything reflected in my app that is running locally. Mind you, i updated my code to point to the esearch widget that was placed here: local c drive\arcgis-web-appbuilder-2.24\ArcGISWebAppBuilder\client\stemapp\widgets.

Is there some other step i am missing in order to get this to work with my own parameters and rest service end points? Any help is appreciated, as always.

2022-05-23 09_34_47-.png

@RaoulComaduran2 This widget has a full featured settings dialog for setting up your layers, there is no need to manually edit the json file. You can find the widgets help documentation here https://gis.calhouncounty.org/WAB/V2.23/widgets/eSearch/widgets/eSearch/help/eSearch_Help.htm

The other day it was brought to my attention that the search bar on the enhanced search widget has disappeared. Does anyone know how to fix this?

cyoast_0-1659027775870.png

Thanks in advance.

@cyoast 

Have you updated the widgets configuration lately? It is possible for the UI of the widget to look like this when the widget is configured for no user input.

@RobertScheitlin__GISP 

I have not. I am actually unsure of how to edit our online map. I have tried using Webapp builder but our app is not in there....

@cyoast  If you are a AGOL (online) only user then you are not using my eSearch. Custom widgets are not supported on AGOL hosted WAB apps. Custom widgets are only allowed in self hosted WAB Developer and Local Portal installs.

I'm re-starting with WAB. my question would this esearch widget version would work with the current WAB Version 2.25 · July 2022.

If not does anybody knows where to download the correct version of WAB? couldn't find any older versions on the ESRI site.

@DanielMx  The current version of this widget will work fine in WAB 2.5. Sorry for the delayed response.

Thank you! No apologies necessary.

Hi @RobertScheitlin__GISP 

Last year, we deployed the Enhanced Search Widget Version 2.17 on a client portal 10.7.1 and the widget worked well. Since the portal was updated to 10.9.1, the Enhanced Search Widget is not working properly. We updated the widget with the 2.23 version and it still not working properly. The tab select by attributes is missing, the spatial query is working but the selection is not showing on the maps. Also, the widget configuration is not working as supposed. Since the Enterprise update, it's impossible to add a new search layer or edit the layers in the actions. I was wondering if the widget is supposed to work on Enterprise 10.9.1 ? And if yes, if you have any ideas on what happen?

Thank you

Please use Enhanced Search Widget version 2.21.1  on your Portal version 10.9.1.

I have verified this version of the Enhanced Search Widget to work flawlessly on Enterprise 10.9.1

I can configure the Enhanced Search Widget without any issues. All the Tabs – By Shape, By Value, By Spatial, Results – all work ok.

Here is an example of the Enhanced Search Widget 2.21.1 with all tabs enabled.

https://gis.maricopa.gov/GIO/HistoricalAerial/

I got this to work on Enterprise 10.9.1

DavidDas__GISP_0-1664562172432.png

Please make sure you are using Web AppBuilder Developer Edition 2.25

FYI. We have Enterprise 10.9.1 and I tried to host the esearch widget 2.23 but I got the same results as @femusicale after researching and reading @DavidDas__GISP post I choose to to downgrade to v 2.21.1 and voila! the esearch is working as design. Thank you for all your work everyone.

@DavidDas__GISP

Can you share where you changed Search alias to Search By? I was able to figure all the other labels.
Thank you!

DanielMx_0-1666186884105.png

Has any one else has encounter the following issue and have a solution?

I'm have a long list of values to enter as predefined values, I entered about half of them took a brake and when I came back to enter the rest of them, the predefined labels were gone and replace with predefined values, do I have enter the full list at once or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!

@DanielMx 

In the eSearch 2.21 version that label has been changed to "Search alias". The NLS property you are looking for in the NLS/strings.js file is searchType

@DanielMx  I have never had your situation occur. When you said you took a break do you mean you click ok on the "Add expression values" dialog or just leave WAB up and running with that dialog open and now the values you entered are missing?

@RobertScheitlin__GISP 

Thank you for your fast response on both items.

I save the WAB app it was close to end of day yesterday, today I only added three values to test and I encounter the same issue.

DanielMx_0-1666189211852.png

@RobertScheitlin__GISP 

The labels show in the widget but the configuration area they dont

DanielMx_0-1666189587016.png

@DanielMx 

Sounds like it may be a bug. Can you confirm the version you are using? In WAB hold the "Alt" key and click anywhere on the eSearch widget and a dialog with version info will show.

@DanielMxI have found the issue in the settings dialog with pre-defined values and have updated the 2.21 download link with the fixed version (2.21.2 of eSearch widget).

@RobertScheitlin__GISP  Wow! that was fast, thank you very much, I will give it a try in a few. 

@RobertScheitlin__GISP 

No luck, not sure if it would help but the pre-defined values seem to moved to the pre-defined labels column, when I checked for the second time to make sure, then both pre-defined values & pre-defined labels were empty, it seems the pre-defined values moved to pre-defined labels every time the expression is open and since the second time were no values then everything was blank.

https://gis.orangecountygov.com/widgets/esearch/manifest.json

DanielMx_0-1666199315875.png

@DanielMx  Is this app publicly available? I need to look at the widgets config.json so I can see what might be going wrong. Or you could just copy and paste the config.json portion for this layer. 

Could someone help me configure data extraction in this widget? What kind of script should I provide? How do I configure the parameters of the layers to be cliped?

Version history
Last update:
‎11-22-2022 07:31 AM
Updated by: