Sidebar Functionality Issues - please help!

05-16-2018 09:16 AM
RyanBrenner1
New Contributor II

I am working on building a custom template and widget for a project. I am currently going through the tutorials on creating a custom theme. I hit a bit of snag and am asking the community for an explanation or some help finding out where it needs to be improved or corrected.

The issue is as follows:

When I create a widget group I am able to click on the ellipses icon I created and a small panel opens up and shows the grouped widgets. When I click the ellipses again the listed widgets in that small panel does not disappear. I cannot find the right spot to correct this. Additionally, after accessing a widget from the group, a panel appears. This is what I want, however, when I try to close it down by clicking on a different widget it does not close. Instead the other widgets seem to be displayed behind the group widget and are able to open and close. 

The functionality I am looking for is much cleaner than this. I am looking to click on the ellipses, select my widget, it opens, I click on the ellipses again and select the same widget and the panel closes. I also want it to be able to clear the small group widget division that pops up when accessing the ellipses on the sidebar to disappear. I also want the group and sidebar widgets to access the same panel, or at least appear to access the same panel.

This image shows how when clicking the ellipses on and off the small division panel showing the grouped widgets does not disappear.

Any help or indicators of where and how to address these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos
0 Replies