Water Utility Network Editing - Issues With Domains and No Allowable Nulls

12-14-2015 12:46 PM
KaiVoeks
New Contributor

Good afternoon,

I am having an issue with using both the editing tool "Add Laterals at Connections" and the construction tool "Add a Connection and the Lateral."  When I run these two tools, I consistently get about 10 pop-up messages notifying me of some issues relating to fields with Domains which do not allow nulls.  It does not explicitly say as much, but each pop-up message has one word that is either the name of a field with unfulfilled domains or the phrase "esriRTATTRIBUTE."

I am using a standard license at the moment, and I seem to have no issues with unfulfilled domains and running the other tools.  I have reinstalled the add-ons twice, starting with fresh config files each time.  Is there an option to remove the requirement for a fulfilled domain in these fields, or do I just need to set up the fields to allow null or other default values (currently does not allow null values)?  And if that is the case, is there a reason that these two tools have issues with the null values and others do not?  Not as essential to know, I am just curious.

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KaiVoeks
New Contributor

To anybody who is interested, it seems like the Water Utility Network Editing tool "Add Laterals at Connections" and the construction tool "Add a Connection and the Lateral" absolutely do not work well with feature classes with fields that do not allow null values which have domains for those fields.  The tools still draw the correct features when using the tools, but lots of error messages follow.  The two work-arounds I've found are to create more defined editing templates for the feature classes that set default values for those fields [although this creates a problem with the Attribute Assistant in that it will not automatically copy pre-defined attribute data to fields with set defaults] , or to recreate the fields to allow nulls.  Both seem viable so far.

MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Could you send me your data schema and config and I can see what is going on.

Mmiller@esri.com<mailto:Mmiller@esri.com>

0 Kudos