Water Flushing Program

04-22-2015 06:52 AM
AprilCansler
New Contributor II

I thought I had seen a premade Collector App or template for a water utility flushing program.  Can anyone point me in the correct direction?  Or something similar for entering data for water flushing data.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ChristaCampbell
Esri Contributor

Hi April,

We have many pre-configured maps and apps for water utilities. Check out Water Utilities | ArcGIS for Utilities

What you are looking for can be found under Optimize Field Operations.

AprilCansler
New Contributor II

Thank you.  I thought I had read about a prebuilt app specifically for water flushing programs.  I have downloaded the Hydrant Inspection app/data.  I believe it is the closest to meeting my needs.

0 Kudos
MeganJohnson
New Contributor III

Is there a way to symbolize the hydrants based on related table data? I would like the hydrants that have already been inspected to be green, and the rest red. I know there is no way to directly symbolize based on related data but does any one know of a good work around?

0 Kudos
MeganJohnson
New Contributor III

Is there still a Pre-configured map and app for Hydrant Flushing? I cant seem to find anything in the Esri Water Utilities Solutions

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor
0 Kudos
MeganJohnson
New Contributor III

Thank you for your response. Is the fire hydrant inspection only available for Pro? I am looking for an mxd to download to use in ArcMap and eventually create a wed map off of that.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Megan,

It looks like it is just for Pro since it covers Tasks in Pro (which is a Pro specified feature). If you wanted to use the data, you would have to extract it out from pro as geodatabase data and open that in ArcMap. There is not a way to save a Pro project down to an MXD.

0 Kudos
HowardCrothers
Esri Contributor

This configuration for hydrants includes an MXD in the download for use in ArcMap Hydrant Maintenance Inspection | ArcGIS for Water 

The Fire Hydrant Inspection uses ArcGIS Pro to create feature layers and a web map that supports hydrants inspections.  If your intent to is ultimately make a webmap you can use the ArcGIS Solutions Deployment Tool with Pro to provision Fire Hydrant Inspection and you can further modify the feature layers and web map to fit your needs.  ArcGIS Solutions Deployment Tool | ArcGIS Solutions

There are differences in those 2 configurations.  Hydrant Maintenance Inspection is intended for water utility field staff.  Fire Hydrant Inspection is intended for fire department staff but can also be used be water utility staff.

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Oh, nice find!

0 Kudos