Rotate Valves to match connecting line

Jump to solution
12-12-2016 05:04 PM
TimHayes1
Occasional Contributor III

I have a point feature class (isolation valves). I am using ArcGIS 10.2.2.

Each valve is on a line (pipe). The line is split at the valve. 

I want to rotate the valves to match the orientation of the connecting line. 

When I tried using the rotation tools in the Water Utility Network Editor Toolbar it does not rotate the valves. The older version from years ago was able to do this. But, the issue seems to be due to the fact that the line is split at the valve. 

Any ideas on how to get the points to match the orientation of the line?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobBlash

Tim,

Those extra parameters would go in the ValueInfo field of the DynamicValue table, see screen shot attached.

View solution in original post

21 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

What version of the add in?  There was an issue similar to this last year I believe.

0 Kudos
TimHayes1

The version I am using is Utility Network Editing A4W - Oct 2015. 

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Try the most recent version, should be fixed in there.

TimHayes1

I downloaded and installed the most recent version of the Utility Network Editor. Tried to rotate the valves, still get the same results. The Feature Class is in a Version of a SQL-Server Enterprise Geodatabase. My data is not in a Geometric Network, but the pipes are split at each valve. The valves and lines are snapped, no topology errors. 

Here is the result when I choose Rotate Selected Junctions:

Rotate Selected Junctions

Here is the result when I choose Add Rotation to Features:

Add Rotation to Features

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Could you send me the map and a small subset of the data?

TimHayes1

Just sent you some sample data to your email. 

0 Kudos
RobBlash

Have you made any headway on this issue? I am having a similar problem rotating fittings. I've been using AA for years (with the same exact rule for symbol rotation) but after upgrading to 10.4.1 and AA version 7.15.2016 the Junction_Rotation method is not working as expected, instead it writes 0 for the rotation value.

0 Kudos
RobBlash

Based on Tim's comments and my own experimenting it seems like the rotation is not working as expected where the line is split.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

It is a bug only when using the junction_rotate method on non-geometric network features.  There is a workaround, add the layers to the rule.  The code was checking the last parameter as an empty string, but it was being pass as null.  

workaround:

ex: g|0||Pipes