Keeping a record of manhole maintenance and flushing

05-13-2010 08:54 AM
EthanKranau
New Contributor
I want to start recording the information the sewer department gets from flushing manholes and dropping it into our GIS.  What is the best way to do this?  Should I make a new table for the historic data? And join the two tables using the manhole id number?  It seems the best way to me.  But then I thought of something.  How can they, in the fields, open up that information if they are using ArcPad or even Arc Reader or ArcView?  Obviously the identifier tool would not show all the records of flushing.  Has anyone done anything like this before? At all? Anything would be helpful. Thank you.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor
Simeon,
   In the sample GDB, we model inspection data as point records that link to the source asset.  You could also use the same schema but as a table.  In ArcMap, you can define a relationship between between the manholes and the inspection data(either as a point layer or a table).  When you click ID on the manhole, you can expand the tree(+ sign) and see all related inspection records.  This works in the ID in ArcReader, ArcMap and ArcPad.  ArcPad 8 supports releated tables.
0 Kudos
EthanKranau
New Contributor
Thanks... I will give that a try.
0 Kudos
DarrenMackiewicz
Occasional Contributor
ArcReader at 10.1 does not seem to support Related Tables.
Is there a trick to this setup?
I have Relationship classes - and I added the related table to the map document before publishing - still no luck.
Works in ArcMAP fine.
0 Kudos