If you’re using the Attribute Assistant, we need your help!

02-23-2016 07:37 AM
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

We’re doing some research into how the Attribute Assistant is being used. We’d like to see what rules you are using and how you configured your dynamic value table. 

This information will help us plan for the future. We want to know what are the most common rules.  We also want to see your gnarly and complicated rules to see how far the Attribute Assistant is being pushed.

So please share your dynamic value table along with any comments you have in this thread. We appreciate your help on this effort!

Thanks,

Mike

ArcGIS Solutions

PS: If you don’t know what the Attribute Assistant is (or aren’t sure if you are using it already) no worries.  You can learn more about Attribute Assistant on the ArcGIS Solution site here

Tags (1)
239 Replies
MarcyLaViollette
New Contributor III

Hrm, I seem to be having trouble installing it.  If I do my typical "close all ArcGIS and double-click the add-in", I get a message saying it succeeded, but the version doesn't change in the add-in manager.  If I add through the ArcMap Customize dialog I get "No GUI components found in this Add-In. Add-In version does not match."

Do you want me to un-install the old version first?  I hesitate to lose my customizations to the config files.

0 Kudos
MarcyLaViollette
New Contributor III

Yup, had to uninstall/reinstall. 

AND IT WORKS!!!!  So many more lovely decimal places!!  Thank you!

0 Kudos
MarcyLaViollette
New Contributor III

In COPY_LINKED_RECORD there's a mistake in the documentation.  "Feature class from which fields will be copied" should say "Feature class TO which fields will be copied".  Phew, it took me a lot of trial and error to get it to work.  And the descriptions of the primary key and foreign key are backwards.

Example: You want to copy FCField from FeatureClass to Table's TableField and their relationship key pair is FCKey to TableKey

FeatureClass has FCField and FCKey

Table has TableField and TableKey

In DynamicValue table:

TableName = Table (e.g. destination)

FieldName = TableField (e.g. destination field)

ValueMethod = COPY_LINKED_RECORD

ValueInfo = FeatureClass|FCField|TableKey|FCKey (source|sourceField|destinationKey|sourceKey)

Maybe instead of "primary" or "related" you can use "destination" and "source".  Technically, they're both related.

MikeMillerGIS

Marcy,

How does this look?

0 Kudos
MarcyLaViollette
New Contributor III

Looks good to me!  :]

0 Kudos
JayClark
New Contributor II

We just installed the latest addin (6.14.2016) because we needed it to fix a previous bug for the create event when initiated from the toolbar.  That works now, but now when we initiate a manual event from the tool bar, nothing gets updated.  Anyone else having issues with manual event from the latest addin (6.14.2016)?  Our work around is running a create event from the toolbar, since we can configure the create event to leave our generate id field alone, if one already exists.  We would like the manual event to work though.

0 Kudos
ClarePrice1
New Contributor III

Hello Jay,

Not seeing any error with the manual event tool. Would you be able to send me your dynamic value table? Can be emailed at cprice@esri.com

Thanks,

Clare

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

We have identified a bug with On Manual on features.  I apologize for this issue.  Our next planned release is around the 10.5 release.  I attached a version with the issue resolved.

*Removed attachment as fix has been released on the solution site

GIS-Cambria
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for a quick response with your attached update!

0 Kudos
JayClark
New Contributor II

Was the new add-in meant to address the manual event update bug we had?  I downloaded it, and installed it, but I still need to apply a create event because the manual event seems to be firing the events now, but the fields are not updating like they do for the create event launched from the tool bar.  Lots of information in the log file which is attached and the result from running one manual event.  The change geometry event works fine.  Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos